Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bath and Body Works Summer Vanillas

Bath and Body Works has come out with a new collection called Summer Vanillas, a limited edition series of fragrances for the beginning of the summer. One of the fragrances will only be carried online and the other three will be available in all stores. One of the fragrances, Lemon Vanilla, was an instant lemming created when I first smelled the small lotion when I went to test out Orange Sapphire in March. I love anything fragrance that reminds me of Hello Sugar and who else but Bath and Body Works could best recreate a scent that was their's to begin with?!

The first fragrance that is listed on the website is Apricot Vanilla, the online only fragrance and will be available in select stores. . This is the only fragrance of the collection that I have had no chance to smell, since the store that I went to didn't have any of it available. This fragrance could go either way, I have smelled amazing apricot fragrances and truly awful apricot fragrances. Bath and Body Works describes the fragrance as follows, "A mouthwatering blend of juicy apricot and cool vanilla that's the spirit of flirty summer fun". The key fragrance notes are: Juicy California Apricot, Tahitian Vanilla, Sugared Honeysuckle. I might like this fragrance in the shower gel but I bet that I will be passing on this one since I don't have a chance to smell it before I can buy it.

The second fragrance is the Berry Vanilla, the onle that I liked the least in the store. I don't really like berry fragrances to being with and the Black Raspberry Vanilla from this company never really smelled that great on me. Bath and Body Works describes the fragrance right here, "A juicy kiss of luscious berries and cool vanilla that's as addictive as summer". The key fragrance notes are: Wild Summer Blueberry, Madagascar Vanilla, Raspberry Sugar. This fragrance was the lightest of three that I smelled, I didn't really like it that much. It smelled vaguely of berry and wasn't that fantastic. I will be skipping this one totally.

The next fragrance is the Coconut Vanilla, which I think is the most summery of the fragrances. I have a Coconut Vanilla fragrance already from both Bath and Body Works and Victoria's Secret. Both these fragrances smell the same and this new version of the fragrance smells exactly the same as the other two. So even though I enjoy this fragrance, I have little to no need to purchase more versions of the same thing. Bath and Body Works describes the fragrance right here, "A tropical twist of coconut milk and cool vanilla that's the perfect summer escape". The notes are: Creamy Coconut, Pineapple Sorbet, Exotic Vanilla. I really like this fragrance but as I said above, I don't need to purchase any more versions of the same fragrance from this company.

Now to the one that I am the most excited about. The Lemon Vanilla is my favorite of the new fragrances and may indeed be my favorite scent that Bath and Body Works has brought out in the past few years. This is Hello Sugar all over again and I need to stock on this one while it lasts. The website gies the following as the description of the fragrance, "A bright blend of refreshing lemon and cool that's the essence of sparkling summer sun". The fragrance notes are: Burst of Fresh Lemon, Sparkling Citron, Whipped Vanilla. This product is available in the shower gel, the lotion, the body spray, hand soap, some type of lip product, candles, and what appears to be a cooling body mist. I want the shower gel and the lotion for sure and depending on the strength of the body spray, I might actually purchase that one too (and I never buy the body sprays anymore!). I will also get a bunch of the hand soaps and candles so that I can keep this fragrance all over my house.

I love the Bath and Body Works has done a bit of a departure from their usual collections of spring/summer florals and has brought back Hello Sugar!

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: