Monday, April 26, 2010

Essie Summer 2010 Collection - Resort Collection

For this summer, Essie just released a new collection of four shades called the Resort Collection. The four shades are meant to bring up images of the South of France and of luxurious vacations. The shades in this collection are all released individually and are available in a set of all four for those who love every shade released.

The first shade is called Lapis of Luxury. This shade is described as a "dreamy ocean blue" and appears from the picture on the website to have a cream finish. I love this shade, it is the perfect shade of ocean blue and would be a great pick for any summer manicure or pedicure. I will be picking up this shade very soon.

The second shade is called Playa del Platinum. This name gives me a headache so hopefully i will like this shade more. It is described as an "elegant and sheer sandy grey". This shade looks a sheer cream and would be very easy to use as a low maintence shade for an everyday manicure. I may not love the name of this shade but I see myself getting a lot of use from this shade in the coming seasons. I will be getting this shade also.

The third shade is called Splash of Grenadine. This one is the brightest shade of this collection and is a classic summer shade. It is described as "playful magenta pink". I predict that this shade will sell out the fastest since every magazine that I have read is talking about bright pink shades for the perfect summer pedicure. This is shade that I wouldn't mind having but I won't die without it.

The last shade is called Turquoise & Caicos and is another contender for favorite shade of the collection. This shade is described as a "flirty and pretty tropical aqua". Based on the picture on the website, this has a cream finish. It also appears to be more green than blue but that might just be the way the photo came out. I think that this is my second favorite shade of this collection.

I think this might be the first time is quite a while that it will be worth it for me to buy the entire box of shades. I am happily surprised that I really want each and every shade from this little collection.

photo courtesy of Essie

No comments: