Wednesday, April 7, 2010

MAC Art Supplies

MAC's newest collection is called Art Supplies and based on your ability to use your face as a canvas to create a beautiful image. I am a bit of a klutz so I hope that this collection is not hard to work with since I am not the professional who can create artistry with makeup. This collection appears to be a grouping of pencils and markers that can easily draw on a great look.

MAC states that, "Pencils, markers...stylishly sharp, loaded with flare. They're all you need to create that fashionable self-portrait. These Art Supplies are limited, and likely won't last. Stock up today!"

Let's check this all out...

Greasepaint Stick - A smooth and creamy black eye crayon with an opalescent sparkle finish specially formulated for maximum eye drama. Easily provides ultra-high-level coverage. Versatile. Use as a soft but intense liner or blend out to create a smoke-like shadow. Long-wearing. Transfer and water-resistant. Limited edition.
- Zinc Zone - dark gunmetal
- Greengrease - blackened forest green
- Slick Black - true carbon black
- Charred Mauve - blackened violet
- Brown, Now - blackened burgundy
- Below Ground - blackened bronze
- Uniformly Blue - blackened navy
- Dirty - blackened taupe with pearl

Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner - An eye pencil that provides rich, luxurious colour with a touch of shimmer and sparkle. Soft, smooth, creamy formula glides on for a perfectly intense line, yet its soft texture allows you to blend. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof.
- Industrial - periwinkle gray
- Almost Noir - dirty plum
- Designer Purple - iridescent violet
- Black Line - true black
- Undercurrent - blue teal
- Petrol Blue - dark navy

Clear Lipglass - A unique lip gloss that can create a high gloss, glass-like finish or a subtle sheen. Designed to be worn on its own, over Lip Pencil or Lipstick, Clear Lipglass is the perfect product for creating shine that lasts. It contains Jojoba Oil to help soften and condition the lips and a tiny bead of this highly concentrated product is all that's needed to cover the lip area. Packaged in a convenient squeeze tube, Clear Lipglass is easy to apply using a lip brush. Clear Lipglass can be mixed with other products, like Pigments, and can be applied anywhere on the body except for the eye area to create interesting effects.

Pro Longwear Lip Stain Marker - A lightweight lip stain featuring the look and delivery of a colour marker. With its felt-tip nib, it goes on with precision to deliver a sheer, instantly absorbed flush of colour that can last all night. Fills, defines, and layers for more colour when wanted. No need for lip liner.
- Stylesetter - hot pink
- Full of Flare - bright yellow coral
- A Classic - rose red
- Purposefully Red - dirty red coral
- Sunset - coral brown
- Point of View - light neutral
- Tommorrow's Coral - mid-tone blue red
- Runway Ripened - berry plum red
- Modern Mocha - light brown

So this does look like a collection that I could handle working with. First off, I would like to try out the Pro Longwear Lip Stain, this could very easily be the lowest maintence lip color that I own and should get me through the whole day and night. I want to get Stylesetter, A Classic, Tommorrow's Coral, and Runway Ripened. I love lip stains and I need to get more red and berry stains to complement my collection. As we all know, I am already obsessed with red lipstick and now I am making the move into sheer red lips. I haven't tried the Greasepaint Sticks but the Muse says that they can be used alone or under over eye makeup products. I want Zinc Zone, Greasepaint Black, Charred Mauve, Below Ground, and Dirty. To top my whole look off, the Pearlglide Eye Liners are a must. I want to get Black Line, but I feel that the others might have too much blue in them for me. And I have to top everthing off with the Clear Lipglass. I cannit wait to get to MAC to get this collection.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: