Friday, April 16, 2010

Freeze 24/7 Ice Crystals Anti-Aging Prep and Polish

Freeze 24/7 Ice Crystals Anti-Aging Prep and Polish is my current facial scrub. This product is the closest to a professional microdermabrasion that I have ever felt. I originally received this product ages ago as a thank you from Freeze 24/7 for selling for much of their product when I was at Bath and Body Works. I chose this product from their line becuase this is heavy duty scrub that I was promised would help even out some of the acne scarring on my forehead. I have had mild acne scars since the summer after my freshman year in high school and the marks aren't bad enough that I feel it necessary to go to a doctor or to get on a prescription. But I still notice them and when the offer was made for me to pick any product from Freeze 24/7 for free, I jumped on one that would help to fade them away.

Freeze 24/7 is skincare line that specializes in products that provide both instant gratification and long term effects. This product is not quite as much an instant gratification product as it is long term product since I didn't begin to see changes in my skin texture until using it for well after two months.

The product is described as follows, "Our rejeuvenating polish instantly resurfaces and retextures your skin all in a matter of minutes. Works to eliminate blotchy, discolored skin to reveal a natural, radiant glow - right at your fingertips. See (and feel) the difference in minutes." On the website, Freeze 24/7 provides the clinical testing results (the tests were performed over a 28 day period however this is all the information that is given". According to Freeze 24/7, the following statistics were observed. 55% saw a reduction in age spots, 35% saw a reduction in scar intensity, 41% saw a reduction in surface roughness, and 37% saw a reduction in sebum content.

The website also lists more features and benefits of the product. They are as follows...

- Retextures skin to reveal a smooth and even appearance with uniformly calibrated diamond-shaped crystals that provide precise and even skin resurfacing.
- Illuminates and rejuvenates dull, dry, lifeless skin, restoring a healthy glow
- Improves circulation and the production of elastin and collagen with Active Massage Beads encapsulated in Jojoba, which helps repair skin damage due to aging, sun exposure, and environmental aggressors.

- Decongests acne-prone skin and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, sun spots, blemishes, hyper-pigmentation, and enlarged pores.

- Resurfaces and smoothes hands to help reduce age and sun spots.

- Non abrasive and void of irritation.

- Allows for rapid and effective absorption of Freeze 24/7 Age-Less Skincare products and/or your daily skincare regime.

The company recommends that this product be used daily for all skin types except senstive. Sensitive skin should only use this product 2 to 3 times per week. I found that that is much too frequent for my skin and I use it once a week only. The texture is said to be non abrasive but I found that it was much more abrasive than any other facial scrub that I have ever used. I don't mind the texture but I cannot use it frequently enough to see full results in only 28 days. And I must hydrate my skin after using this product to calm down redness from the scrubbing action.

This product was originally packaged in a jar (which is the version that was given to me) but now has been updated to a much more convenient (and less wasteful) squeeze tube.
This product is much more abrasive than the company claims however the other claims made by the company are much more accurate to its performance. My acne scars are much lessened and less noticeable. I would recommend it to anyone with this type of scarring but I would caution them to only use it once or twice a week in order to avoid irritation.

photo courtesy of Freeze 24/7

No comments: