Monday, April 12, 2010

Harajuku Lovers Summer Cuties - Music

Of the five original fragrances, Music is tied with Lil' Angel for my least favorite of the fragrances. It's very fruity and sweet and I find it to be overwhelming after very few sprays. I can wear it better in the solid fragrance format since I can control the scent a bit better.

The original fragrance is the fruitest of the five and smells very strongly of pears. Sephora describes the original Music as follows, "Always looking to make someone laugh, charismatic Music has no qualms telling it like it is! Stylin' in a smocked sailor outfit and black lace-up boxing boots, Music marches to the beat of her own drum. Her scent is a fruity floral with notes of pear, sweet pea, and sleek wood". The notes are: Clementine, Pear, Jasmine Sambac, Sweet Pea, Honeysuckle, Vanilla, Skin Musk, and Sleek Woods. Since the sweet pear and pear are the main notes, this fragrance very much of Bath and Body Works and why I stopped wearing Sweet Pea.

The new version of this fragrance is a little less sweet than the original but still not a favorite of mine. "Inspired by summer Music is feeling sunny with a tan, a new outfit, and a sensuous-floral twist on her original scent." The notes of this fragrance are: Juicy Pear, Granny Smith Apple. Dewy Freesia, Tiger Orchid, Jasmine Petals, Honeysuckle, Cashmere Woods, Creamy Musk, Precious Woods. This version is considered to be a floral instead of a fruity floral but on me this fragrance develops more on the crisp side and the pear and palle notes come out the strongest.

For this fragrance, I prefer the newer version of it since it is less sweet and on the crisper side. However, this still isn't one of my favorites and not one that I think that I will be purchasing a bottle of.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: