Thursday, April 8, 2010

Harajuku Lovers Summer Cuties - Love

Love is my favorite of the original Harajuku Lovers collection. This one has rose in it and is a pretty light floral that is very easy to wear all year round. I bought this one in 2008 when it first came out and somehow with buying both a set and individual products, I ended up with two bottles of this fragrance. However, I wear this one pretty often so I will use through both of them before they go bad.

Sephora states that "Sweet, caring, free-spirited, Love is always off in her own little world. Stepping out in a cute, striped mini-dress and fashionable red kicks, Love wears her heart on her sleeve, or rather, in her hair! Her scent is reminiscent of a floral bouquet, with notes of pink pomelo, rose, and creamy vanilla orchid." The notes of the original are: Bergamot, Pink Pomelo, Peach, Bamboo Leaf, Watery Peony, Living Hydroponic Lace Rose, Jasmine Sambac, Nectarine Blossom, Creamy Paperwhites, Egyptian Jasmine, Ylang Ylang, Vanilla, Musk, and Blonde Wood. This scent is the girliest of the set and I think it is one of the better selling fragrances since I never seem to find this one on the shelves of Sephora.

The Summer Cuties version of Love retains the original floral base but adds several notes of exotic fruits into the mix. "Inspired by the summr, Love is feeling sunny with a tan, a new outfit, and an exotic-fruity-floral twist on her original scent. The notes of this new fragrance are: Nectarine, Passion Fruit, Lemon Blossom, Plumeria, Osmanthus, Rose Petals, Vanilla Orchid, Coconut Water, Sensual Musk, and Sandalwood. It still has rose in it so of course I still love it.

This is another new version of the fragrance that I want to buy for this summer. I love wearing rose all year round and it will be nice to have a rose fragrance that is more on the fruity and exotic side.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: