Monday, April 19, 2010

Clinique Summer 2010 Collection - Brandied Bronze

Here begins the Summer 2010 Collections! I predict we will see lots of bronzes and golds and many products that I would love if my skin wasn't so insanely pale. I have began to consider when I will start self-tanning this year and I have opened up my XL sized bottle of St. Tropez which should be ample to get me through this entire summer into early fall. I am considering setting a start date as the very beginning of May, early enough for me to work up a good tan and even application style by the time I begin showing more skin and late enough for me to not look totally unnatural. The first year that I bought St. Tropez, I was so excited to use it that I burned through half of a bottle...before St. Patrick's Day. I won't be repeating that again this year.

So onto our first summer collection. As a surprise this year, Clinique was the first company that I saw to put their collection up on their website, instead of the usual NARS or Chanel. Their newest collection is called Brandied Bronze and is described in one simple sentence, "Summer with a shot of sultry." I can already see bronzers and a very pretty eye shadow palette just be looking at the promo pic.

Let's start our summer!

Lash Power Mascara Long Wearing Formula - Mascara with staying power. Vows to look pretty for 24 hours without a smudge or smear. Lasts through rain, sweat, humidity, tears. Yet the formula removes easily with warm water. Unique brush reaches and beautifully lengthens even the tiniest lashes. Ophthalmologist tested.
- Black Onyx - black

Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 - Lip gloss juiced up with eight hours of lasting shine. Spends every minute comforting lips. In 18 glistening shades from sheer to full intensity. Moisture makes each one even more mouth-watering. Protects lips, too. Welcome to our juice bar.
- Fireberry - rich blue red with soft gold shimmer
- Air Kiss - midtone pink with gold shimmer
- Bonfire - burnished tawny red with gold shimmer
- Sunset - bronze with coppery gold shimmer

Defining Liner for Lips - Makes lips beautiful by definition. Modern precision pencil with built-in sharpner in the cap creates the look you want, anywhere. Creamy, non-feathering formula goes on smoothly, evenly, stays all day. Even helps lipstick stay in place.
- Sugared Fig - tawnied brown with shimmer

Colour Surge Eye Shadow Palette - Limited edition. Creamy, intense colour in one stroke. A summer-perfect palette of six smouldering shades to mix and match for naturally pretty to more dramatic looks.
- Brandied Bronze - pale beige/shimmering gold/shimmering bronze/teal/pale lavender/pale pink

Different Lipstick - Different because of its smooth, comfortable feel. One of the best, from our wide range of shades. Sheer, glossy, smile-rewarding lipstick.
- Bronze Leaf - frosted brownish copper

Eye Shadow Brush - Perfectly sized to apply the right amount of eye shadow to the lids. Essential for highlighting area just under browbones, too. Unique antibacterial technology helps ensure the highest level of hygiene, keep brush irritant-free.

Cream Shaper for Eyes - Creamy-smooth eyeliner pencil with a hint of shimmer. Shapes and defines with intense, stay-out colour. Non-smudging, water- and transfer-resistant. Easy to sharpen, too. Ophthalmologist tested.
- Chocolate Lustre - chocolate brown with bronzed pearl

True Bronze Pressed Powder Bronzer - Lightweight powder bronzer creates a natural-looking, sun-kissed radiance. Blends, builds easily to your desired level of bronze. Perfect for on-the-go glow. Long-wearing. Oil-free.
- Sunkissed - pink bronze

Lovely! A pink based bronzer sparks my interest immediately. Many bronzers look unnatural on me since they have wamr undertones. However, a pink one might be 100% perfect. This product is going to the top of my list of items to look out for this summer. I also love the Eye Shadow pallete in this collection, the only shade that might not work is the teal and I still think I can get it to work when blended with the bronzes and the golds. I would also like to get the Long Last Glosswear in Air Kiss. I think that I have had a shade of Clinique lip gloss with this same name several years ago in college and I really loved it. I hope this is the same product!

Great start to the summer!

photo courtesy of Clinique

No comments: