Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bath and Body Works Holiday Traditions

It's that time of the year again...my favorite time at Bath and Body Works!  Ever since I started there back in 2003, I have always looked forward to the beginning of the holidays and seeing all the new fun products, Bath and Body Works always does the holidays right and I can never resist their holiday fragrances and little gifts.  It may only be October but as soon as Vanilla Bean Noel comes out, I immediately begin thinking about Christmas and being making my shopping list.  I buy more bottles of Vanilla Bean Noel every single year without fail since it one of the few scents that I use all winter long and actually consistently use through bottle after bottle of it.  Bath and Body Works has a huge winner with their Holiday Traditions line and I was very happy to see it up on the website so I can begin plotting my shopping list for this year.

This year the collection consists of three fragrances, two returning favorites and one brand new scent.  The two returning fragrances are Vanilla Bean Noel and Winter Candy Apple and the new frragrance is Pink Sugar Plum, one that I have been excited about since I first saw the bottle at my local store.  Twisted Peppermint doesn't seem to be a part of this collection this year which I find to be disappointing but since I have a huge stash of it already, I can certainly survive on what I do have and hope that it comes back next holiday or is released under a different collection/packaging at some point in the year.  I still have both Vanilla Bean Noel and Winter Candy Apple from last year left over so I shouldn't really need to buy more stuff but I just love this stuff so much that I know that I will just be adding more to my collection to use throughout the rest of the fall and into the winter.

First we will look at the returning fragrances, Vanilla Bean Noel and Winter Candy Apple.  Vanilla Bean Noel is the traditional holiday favaorite and will incite a massive riot if it is ever completely discontinued.  "A warm blend of fresh vanilla bean, warm caramel, and rich, comforting cream."  This fragrance is the perfect vanilla frosting scent and finally smells the same in every single form.  In previous years, the lotion and the cream smelled like the frosting while the shower gel and spray smelled like vanilla pudding.  But I am happy to report that that trend ended last year and now the whole collection smells like the frosting, which just makes me want to buy even more of it.  The top notes of the fragrance are: Caramel, Burnt Sugar.  The middle note is: Vanilla.  The base notes are: Tonka Bean, Musk.  I have loved this fragrance for years and it is still a favorite of mine.

Winter Candy Apple is the scent that I tend to fall in and out of love with.  I will buy it and then be obsessed with it for several weeks but then I won't be able to use it at all without getting a headache.  This fragrance has a bit of spice so that might be why it can begin to annoy me after awhile.  "A mouth watering blend of crisp apple, candied orange, and rich cinnamon spice."  The top notes are: Candy Apple, Orange Zest.  The heart notes of the fragrance are: Maple, Cinnamon, Neroli, Rose.  The bottom notes are: Winter Musk, Orris, Oakmoss.  This is a great sweet, spicy fragrance and I like this fragrance but I tend to use it less than any of other fragrances so I wouldn't really need to buy anymore of it this year since I have some from last year.  However, I could never get sick of the candles and I finished up my last one at the end of last winter so I will be buying more of them this year.

The newest fragrance is Pink Sugar Plum and I am so excited about this one, this one might be up there with Vanilla Bean Noel as one of my favorite holiday scents.  I love the scent of sugar plums and the version of that scent from Davies Gate has been a favorite of mine for years and now it is much harder to find so this new fragrance comes at the right time for me.  "An addictive blend of sugared blend, sparkling tangerine, and vanilla musk."  This fragrance is sweet and sugary and I will be using the body products for the rest of the fall and winter.  The top notes are: Chambord, Vintage Champagne, Sparkling Tangerine.  The heart notes of the fragrance are: Red Hibiscus, White Nectarine, Black Currant, Juicy Passionfruit.  The bottom notes are: Plum Wood, Sugared Musk, Vanilla Extract, Ambroxan.  I don't think that I could pull this fragrance off in the fragrance mist but I will be loving it in the body products.

This collection is offered in the traditional Bath and Body Works Products.  It is offered in the Body Spray but not in the EDT version (most of the limited edition ones aren't at this point).  For moisturizers, it is offered in both the Body Lotion and the Triple Moisture Body Cream.  To round out the body products, it is offered in the Shower Gel and is again offered in the Bubble Bath.  All of these scents are offered in a lip gloss (along with Twisted Peppermint - not quite show what is going on here).  The anti-bacterial collection is also available in these scents and I have already picked up a few of the Pocketbacs.

I know that I want a bunch of products in the Vanilla Bean Noel and the Pink Sugar Plum scents.  I still have enough Winter Candy Apple left over that I can skip over it this year.  From Vanilla Bean noel, I want to buy at leat one more Shower Gel and Triple Mositure Body Cream along with the Bubble Bath.  I still have some of the my Body Mist left over from the last year.  I also would like to buy the lip gloss and the hand soaps but I won't die without them.  From the Pink Sugar Plum, I want the Shower Gel and at least two of the Triple Moisture Body Creams since I go through them like crazy in the wintertime.  I also want the Bubble Bath, it will be perfect for a girly bath on a cold night.  I can skip the Fragrance Mist, I won't get enough wear from this to bother buying the full bottle of it.  Last but not least, I must have the lip gloss in this fragrance.

The holidays have come to Bath and Body Works and I am so excited for more Vanilla Bean Noel and Pink Sugar Plum.  Sugary scents are my thing this time of the year and these are just the perfect scents to use all winter!

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: