Thursday, October 6, 2011

MAC Fall Colour Collection - Wild Colour

Hey guys!  Sorry about the little delay in posting, I had a bout with jury duty and a big exam for my class so life just got in the way for the past three or four days.  But I am back now and we are just going to pick up right where we left off with the last pieces of the MAC Fall Colour Collection and soon we will be going right into the holiday collections.  So let's pick right back up again!

Wild Colour is the last part of the MAC Fall Colour Collection and this is the area of the whole collection that contains the brightest colors and is made mostly for lips and eyes.  In this picture, Cindy Sherman makes herself up to be a clown with all kinds of bright and bold shades.  "A wild, whimsical, & wonderful palette.  Stars Small Eye Shadows, Pigments, MAC Artist Favorite Chromographic Pencil, & Lipstick."  I am so hoping for an awesome bright pink or berry lipstick from this area of the collection!

Here is the Wild Colour part of the Fall Colour Collection...

Eye Shadow - Highly-pigmented powder.  Applies evenly, blends well.
- Three Ring Yellow - yellow green
- Passionate - mid-tone red
- Blue Candy - clean blue
- Royale - clean violet
- Shock-A-Holic - deep purple

Pigment - Pigment is a highly concentrated loose colour powder that contains ingredients to help it adhere to the skin.  Create a subtle wash of colour or an intense.  Does not streak or cake.  Easy to blend and long-lasting.
- Neo-Orange - intense neon salmon
- Magenta Madness - intense neon blue pink
- Violet - vivid bright violet purple
- Golden Olive - high frosted green-gold

Chromagraphic Pencil - A creamy, soft-point pencil ideal for use as a liner, or to outline and define designs.  Provides a bold, intensely smooth application with a well-defined, pigment-rich line.
- Process Magenta - matte magenta
- Basic Red - primary red
- High Def Cyan - cyan blue
- Rich Purple - dense purple

Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips.  Stands out on the runway.  Simmers on the street!  What made MAC famous.
- Neon Orange - bright clean orange
- Show Orchid - vivid hot pink
- Fusion Pink - bright coral
- Ruby Woo - vivid brightly coral-red

I love these Lipsticks!  I have wanted Ruby Woo for ages and now I have to buy it for this fall!  I also must have the Show Orchid shade, I don't remember if this is a permanent shade or if it is a repromote, I do know that I have seen it before and I really want to buy it this time around too.  I think that many of the eye shadows and pigments might be a bit too bright for me and I will be skipping over all of them and really focusing on the lip products from this collection. 

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: