Saturday, October 15, 2011

C.O. Bigelow Merry Mentha Mentha Lip Shines

Last holiday, I fell in love with the C.O. Bigelow limited edition Mentha Lip Shines and therefore I began stalking the Bath and Body Works website at the very beginning of the month to see when and if they would be released this year.  I feel like it took forever but I have finally found them and I am so excited to try them all out!  Last year, there was a gloss that reminded me of the Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice and I quickly fell in love with it and bought so many of them that I still have unopened tubes of it in my lip gloss collection.  Not that that little fact will stop me from buying a bunch more this year if that same scent is offered...

This year, the holiday Mentha collection is named Merry Mentha and consists of four yummy, limited edition glosses: Peppermint Mentha, Gingerbread Latte, Spiced Vanilla Chai, and Sparkling Apple Cider.  Yay!  There is another apple cider scent, I can't wait to buy more tubes of this product!
The first gloss (Peppermint Mocha) instantly reminds me of one of my other favorite treats from Starbucks.  I love their holiday Peppermint Mochas and I order these all the time as soon as November rolls around.  "Treat your lips to a delicious new flavor that will remind you of one of your favorite winter treats.  Our Merry Mentha Lip Gloss combines the high shine, incredible moisture, and breath-freshening benefits of our Mentha Lip Shine with the delectable flavor of one of your favorite holiday drinks."  I can't wait to buy of these glosses for myself and give them as gifts, I give all kinds of Menthas every single year and everyone on my gift list always loves them.

Of course, I am very excited about the Sparkling Apple Cider.  Last year, this gloss was the perfect apple cider scent that was combined with hints of the lovely mint that is found in all of these glosses.  This is one of my favorite glosses of all time and this year's version doesn't disappoint me.  I smelled it when I was at a store and it is pretty much the same gloss as last year.  This year, the packaging is so much prettier and therefore I am even more excited to give them out as gifts this year.  I will be stocking up on this scent again for myself since I loved it so much last year and will use it for the rest of the winter and at the beginning of next fall again.

The Peppermint Mocha is the other lip gloss in this collection that I got really excited about the first time that I heard about it.  I had a Chocolate Mentha a long time ago that smelled great and I have been missing it for the past few years.  This scent reminds me more of the drink from Starbucks that I was raving about at the beginning of this post, the older version of the lip gloss was more of a chocolate malt (I believe) and I like this version even better.  This is another gloss that I will be grabbing a bunch of to both give and keep for myself.  This is the perfect chocolate mint scent and gets me really excited for both lip gloss and Starbucks.

Gingerbread Latte is one of the newer scents for this year, I'm not a huge fan of the scent of gingerbread to begin with so this won't be a top choice of mine.  When I first smelled this gloss, it sort of reminded me of the Gingerbread Latte drink that is also offered at Starbucks around the holidays.  It smelled spicy and the cinnamon note is a bit too strong in this gloss for me to use on a daily basis.  I have never liked cinnamon so this is one that I would skip over for myself.  I can see this one being a really popular gloss since gingerbread is such a classic at the holidays but this isn't my favorite of the collection.

The last of the new lip glosses is named Spiced Vanilla Chai.  Chai isn't normally what I order but I began to like it when Bath and Body Works introduced the Chai Carumba gloss in the middle of last summer.  I have been using that lip gloss faithfully for this whole fall and this gloss is just another extension of it.  This one has the addition of the vanilla note so I actually like the scent a bit more since it isn't quite as spicy as the other version.  I will buy this one right along with the Peppermint Mocha and the Sparkling Apple Cider glosses but I don't think that I stock up on this flavor quite the way that I plan to on the others.
I love Mentha Lip Shines and I was so happy when this holiday collection came out.  Sparkling Apple Cider is going to be my favorite gloss again and I can't wait to buy a bunch of them to add to my collection.  Peppermint Mocha is going to be another gloss that I will be adding multiples of to my collection and I will also be buying more than enough to give out to friends and family.  Holiday versions of the Mentha Lip Shines are among my favorite of the year and I also think that Menthas are the best lip glosses that Bath and Body Works has ever released.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: