Thursday, October 20, 2011

NARS Holiday 2011 Collection

I love NARS Holiday!  Every single year, it contains lots of lovely shimmering eye shadows and nail polishes, along with some of the best lip shades of the year.  So many companies should look to NARS to see how it is done best for the holidays.  Last year, the collection has a faint Lady Gaga theme to the name of the products which made me love it even more than I already did.  So far, I have only looked at the promotional photo for this collection and the model looks amazing.  I see that NARS has an option on their website to simply put the whole collection in your shopping cart and I am very tempted to do just that right now.  I already see shades for my lips, eyes, and nails that I must have this season and will be heading very quickly toward the top of my Most Wanted list for the next month...

"Haute couture Holiday style.", states the NARS website in a description of this collection.  This collection picks up so many of the trends that we have been seeing on the runways over the past few months.  Dramatic eye makeup is at the front of this collection, along with red lips and jewel toned nail polishes.  This may be one of the best collections of the entire year, as was the NARS holiday collection from 2010.  Now let's see this collection product by product!

Here is the new collection from NARS!

The Multiple - Capture the rapture with NARS' new signature gold-infused rose hue.  The Multiple, Francois Nars' iconic innovation, features a unique creamy formula that blends effortlessly to eyes, lips, and cheeks.  Apply with fingers: the skin's warmth allows for perfect blending.  Mistake-proof color, quick and easy to apply.  Enriched with Vitamin E and acai oil for antioxidant benefits.
- G-Spot - rich gold-infused rose

Trio Eye Shadow - A trio of harmonious, color combinations of eye shadow shades.  Worn alone or together, all Trio Eye Shadows feature micro-fine powders that are highly pigmented, longwearing, and crease-resistant.  Color glides on smoothly, evenly, and blends effortlessly.  True color application.  Can be applied dry or with a dampened brush for stronger intensity.  Multi-function: use for shading, lining, and highlighting the eyes.
- Arabian Nights - black with red pearls/black with purple pearls/black with gunmetal shimmer

Semi Matte Lipstick - A modern semi-matte lipstick that provides full-bodied, velvety color in a highly pigmented and non-drying formula.  Long-wearing, full coverage finish.  Rich, vivid shade range from neutrals to high fashion hues.  Patented blend of conditioners and antioxidants hydrate, nourish, and protect lips.
- Joyous Red - amber red

Higlighting Blush - Illuminating highlighting powders that give the skin a light-reflecting, luminous glow.  Wear alone or pair with other cheek products to create beautiful dimension on the skin.  Creates instant radiance.  Made with transparent pigments to avoid heaviness on the skin.  Universally flattering shades.
- Miss Liberty - soft shimmering peach

Duo Eye Shadow - Modern, unique, sometimes unexpected color combinations of eye shadow shades.  Worn alone or together, all Duo Eye Shadow shades feature micro-fine powders that are highly pigmented, longwearing, and crease resistant.  Color glides on smoothly, evenly, and blends effortlessly.  The effects can be subtle or smoldering - the options are endless.  True color application.  Can be applied dry or with a dampened brush for stronger intensity.  Multi-function: use for shading, lining, and highlighting the eyes.  Classic, neutral, and fashion-forward shade pairings.
- Mandchourie - gold-infused denim/rich navy

Cream Eye Shadow - Vivid.  Lightweight.  Easily blendable.  Apply lightly for a subtle wash of color or layer to achieve deeper intensity.  Can be worn alone or paired with a NARS powder eye shadow for longer-lasting wear and added dimension.
- Ponderosa - mink

Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner - Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner takes liner to the next level.  Rich, creamy color that glides on smoothly with a completely budgeproof finish.  Incomparable 12-hour wear with no smearing and no caking.  Deeply dramatic shades named for the most iconic streets in the world.  Achieves rich, intense color.  Twist up delivery and built-in sharpener.
- Campo de' Fiori - antique brass
- St. Marks Place - bright violet

Nail Polish - Fashion-forward and classic NARS Nail Polish shades impart incredible luster and prolonged gloss retention with UV protection to prevent polish discoloration.  An advanced polymer system provides extended wear and a durable, chip-resistant finish.
- Endless Night (Opaque) - black grape
- Space Odyssey (Shimmer) - aluminum

Lip Gloss - Inspired by NARS' signature Highlighting Blush, Albatross Lip Gloss gives lips a high-gloss, golden shine.  Wear alone or over any other lip products to create new effects.  Ultra-smooth, non-sticky, comfortable wear.  Enriched with Vitamin E to help lips feel supple and hydrated.  Iconic NARS shades.
- Albatross - luminous glow

I love the Trio Eye Shadow in this collection, it is my favorite piece and the piece that is going to the top of my shopping list!  All three of these shades are lovely and perfect to wear at night for the rest of the fall and into the holidays.  The only shade that I own like any of these is MAC Black Tied, a black with silver shimmer, I don't own anything like the violet or red shimmer shadows in this palette.  My second favorite piece is the Endless Night Nail Polish.  I really like the Space Odyssey color but I already own a platinum foil and they aren't so different as to warrant the purchase of this shade also.

I really liked the Joyous Red shade of lipstick until I really started to look at it in the model, it nows looks a bit too warm for me to carry off.  I prefer blue-based or true reds and this one doesn't really catch my fancy.  I will try it again at the counter in Sephora but I betting that I can skip over it.  I am willing to try out this shade in The Multiple, this one is rose gold so I might be able to make it work out for me, I am especially interested in using it as an eye makeup shade.  I like the new Cream Eye Shadow shade but I do need to see how unique it is since I already own tons of bronzes and neutrals already and I might be able to skip over it.  The Duo Eye Shadow is a complete wash for me, way too much navy and blue in it for me to carry it off.  I am also on the fence about the eyeliner shades, I like both of the them but I already own shades from Urban Decay that appear very close to these (at least on the computer) but I may revise my opinion once I see them in person.  I really like St. Marks Place and I might be this one anyway since it is so lovely. 

I just love this whole collection and I love that this collection actually contains something for everyone.  Whether you like a smoky eye or a more graphic liner look, this collection contains products for you.  The same with both nails and lip products, this is one of the best collections that I have seen so far this whole year.

photo courtesy of NARS

No comments: