Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Current Favorite Products

I have now completely turned my entire makeup and skincare regime around with the change of the seasons.  The last time that I did a write up on my favorite products it was firmly summer and of course all of them have changed by now.  What am I currently obsessed with (beauty-wise)?  Red lips, neutral eye shadows, and keeping my pale skin clear and bright.  One of the first products that I bring out once the leaves begin to fall is Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey and it is one of my favorite products this fall again.  That in itself is a huge feat considering that I have more lip products than I know what to do with.

My "fave five"...
Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey - "Sheer, glossy slip of lightweight lip colour in our exclusive Black Honey shade.  This best-loved lip colour is universally flattering yet looks a little different on everyone.  Emollient-rich formula gives lips a sleek, moist finish."  This tinted lip balm is very hydrating and leaves a subtle berry finish.  I have a very hard time describing this shade, it is somehow the perfect natural reddish berry but it still comands attention every single time that I wear it.  This is one of this shades that is a Holy Grail for both myself and thousands of other woman, it is a consistent Allure Best of Beauty Winner and is one of the most unique products and shades that I have every seen, I will use this the rest of the season.

Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Midnight Cowboy - "This is the product that Urban Decay was born to make - their best-seller!  A pigment-rich eye shadow.  The shadow is loaded with color, with very few binders (the stuff that holds shadow together), resulting in beautiful color that blends easily and lasts.  Lots of finishes to suit your mood: sparkle, shimmer, duochrome, or metallic.  Professionals, celebrities, and makeup junkies swoon for the wide array of shades.  The subway token compact comes complete with window (see your shade without opening), and snaps shut with one hand which means no more lost lids.  All shades can be used wet for more intense color or try them as a liner!"  Midnight Cowboy is one of their best-selling eye shadow shades and can also be found in many different products since it is so flattering.  It is a "beige with silver glitter" and is one of the most flattering eye shadow shades that I have ever worked with.  The beige shade is subtle and the silver glitter makes my eyes look huge and very blue.  I pair it with dramatic lips, it helps to keep the focus on my lips and brightens up my whole face.  This is one of the few eye shadows that I can count on to work with almost any lip or cheek look and is one that I would rebuy the second that I run out of it.

Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum - "A highly concentrated oil-free serum that improves the appearance of dark spots, promotes even skintone, and boosts radiance.  Banish dark spots and achieve your most even, bright, and beautiful complexion.  Perfect for all skintones, this satiny complex offers remarkable results, helping to correct dark spots, acne marks, and scars.  Naturally powerful Viniferine, olive squalene, mint, caraway, and galbanum work to counter stretch marks, scars, and damage while bolstering collagen and elastin, for glowing results."  This serum has been favorite of mine forever and I got away from it a bit when I was trying out some new face care but I always return.  I use this serum twice a day and within a week it helps to brighten my whole complexion, hold moisture in, reduce acne dark spots, and reduce redness.  This is a miracle worker and one of my top five favorite skin care products of all time.

Phyto Phytocitrus Restructing Masque - "A rich treatment designed to extend the life of your color.  This decadent formula delivers in blend of citrus fruits and proteins that effectively lock in color, restructure the hair fiber, and boost radiance.  When used daily, in conjunction with Phytocitrus Shampoo for two weeks after color-process, it keeps color bright, vibrant, and illuminated with shine."  I recently got six inches off my hair and am focusing on keeping the new cut and style healthy.  This mask contains shea butter to hydrate and the grapefruit in it helps to maintain and brighten color.  I use this mask once to twice a week to maintain hydration and keep my color strong.  I found this to be the best Phyto mask since it contains ingredients to both hydrate and help color, it is a two in one product.

Tarte Eye Shadow in My True Death (from the True Blood Palette) - "Inspired by the hit HBO series True Blood, Tarte's limited edition palette is packed with 17 eye shadows,  a full-size EmphasEyes Aqua-Gel Eyeliner in Black, a deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes! clinically-proven nautral mascara and a deluxe Lifted Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol.  Get glamoured with this limited edition palette packed with 17 killer new eye shadows and more.  Each richly pigmented shadow is softly milled and infused with Amazonian clay for pure color payoff, silky application, and long wear.  From ethereal goddess to vampy vixen, you can create countless looks using these shimmering, matte, and smoky shades.  Open after dark: Buried in this palette's pull-out drawer is a full-size EmphasEyes Aqua-Gel Eyeliner in Black,  a deluze Lights, Camera, Lashes! clinically-proven natural mascara and a deluxe Lifter Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol to help complete your look.  Turn into a real Truebie using the four 'get the looks' included with each palette, created with the help of True Blood's award-winning lead makeup artist Bridgette Myre-Ellis."  My True Death is the sparkling silver shade that I raved about when I did the reviews of the True Blood palette and it has quickly become my favorite shade in the palette.  I can't rave enough about the silky butter texture of this shadow and the pigment rich payoff.  I said before that this is the best silver shade that I have ever used and I still stand behind that statement, I have been using it with blacks and charcoals for the past few weeks and it has not failed me yet.

I have been loving the change over to fall products far!  I am always excited to get out my Almost Lipstick in Black Honey every year and to begin to embrace all shades of red lipstick!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: