Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bath and Body Works Escape to the Tropics

We have been seeing the spring makeup collections releasing and it was only a short time before the spring lines in body products began to follow.  The first new collection of fragrances that Bath and Body Works released is called Escape to the Tropics and it is a needed breath of fresh air now that winter is full upon us, with no signs of spring coming up anytime soon.  This collection is very close to the Island Escape collection that was released at this time last year.  I loved it then and I know that I will love this line too.  This line consists of three fragrances, two of which are returning scents from last year and one that is brand new.  The two returning scents were my favorites from last year and even though I still have a bit left over from last year but I know that I will buy some more this year since I loved them so much last winter.

The first of the returning fragrances is Bali Mango, one of the best mango scents that I have used in quite awhile.  The Body Shop's Mango line is still my favorite mango scent ever and is the most realistic, it is the true mango without any other notes added to it.  However, the Bali Mango is a close second favorite of mine and that it why I will be stocking up on some more of it this time around.  "An exotic getaway of juicy mango, sugar cane, pink passion flower, and luscious nectarine."  The top notes are: Tangerine, Asian Apple, Peony.  The middle notes of the fragrance are: Thai Lychee, Passion Flower, Pink Rose, Nectarine.  The bottom notes are: Raspberry Coulis, Skin Musk, Sugar Woods.  This is crisp, sweet mango scent and it is one of the stronger mango scents that I have used.  This is simply one of the best "tropical" scents that is available right now and if you like mango scents then you will want to buy yourself a few bottles of it.

The second scent is another one that was offered last year however it is under a different name this time around.  Last year, you might remember it being called Hawaii Coconut and this year it is named Aruba Coconut.  Last year, this was my favorite of the three scents and I bought more than enough of it to last me the whole year, but I know that I will be buying more of it this time around.  "An island blend of creamy coconut, exotic lychee, and white musk."  The top notes of the fragrance are: Juicy Thai Mango, Fuji Apple, White Nectarine.  The heart notes are: Passionflower, Vanilla Orchid, Casaba Melon.  The base notes are: Coconut Cream, Tahitian Vanilla, Indonesian Sandalwood.  This is one of my favorite coconut scents, it is very different from many of the others on the market today.  Most coconut scents are warm and creamy but this one is a bit more crisp with the Melon and Orchid notes in it.  This scent is less of a true coconut but more of a tropical floral with a coconut note in it. I just love this fragrance so much and I can't wait to buy more it this time around!

The new fragance for this year is Rio Rumberry and it is the only one that I don't like, it is a berry scent and I normally don't like berry scents.  Being that this is berry scent, I knew that I wouldn't like it as soon as I read the description on the Bath and Body Works website and it was confirmed when I smelled the fragrance for the first time.  This a very sweet berry scent, if you like berry scents then you will love this one.  "An exotic blend of tropical berries, fresh papaya, and vanilla blossom."  The top notes are: Thai Papaya, Tangelo, Fresh Coconut Water, Sparkling Summer Lemon.  The middle notes are: Tiare Flower Plumeria, Watery Starfruit.  The bottom notes of the fragrance are: Coconut Cream, Tahitian Vanilla, Indosnesian Sandalwood.  I just don't like berry scents so I will be skipping over this one.

This collection comes in the same products that many of the limited edition Bath and Body Works collections come in; the Body Mist, Body Lotion, Shower Gel, and Lip Gloss.  This time around the collection also comes in the Triple Moisture Body Cream and the GLowing Body Scrub.  The Triple Moisture Body Cream is one of my favorite moisturizers and I love that these fragrances are now offered in this product too.  I will be buying some of the body creams this year in additions to shower gels and body lotions.  I am on the fence with the body scrub formula this year, "Our Signature Glowing Body Scrub helps skin feel soft, smooth, and supremely sexy.  Bamboo gently exfoliates and helps smooth skin, while Coconut Milk extract and Vitamin E nourish to keep skin looking beautiful."  This version is very scrubby and reminds me of the scrub that came out last year with the Coconuts line (that I didn't really like all that much).  Last year, this line contains one of the best creamy scrubs that had come out in years and I wish that this year's collection contained the same formula scrub, I will be skipping the scrubs this time around. 

I love that this collection is back this year so that I can buy more products in the mango and coconut fragrances.  I will be buying some shower gels, lotions, and creams this year.  The only way that this line could be improved is to have the same scrub as last year instead of this new formula but I won't complain that much since I love two of the fragrances in this line.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: