Friday, January 20, 2012

China Glaze Spring 2012 - Electropop

Coming on top of the new NARS collection, my excitement for the spring collections just keep building with the release of the new collection from China Glaze.  I missed out on the spring collection last year from this collection, when I finally looked at the swatches on Scrangie's blog, I realized that it could have been one of my favorite collections of that seasons.  I love the pale blues and greens in that collection and I search for shades from that collection each time that I visit Ulta and Sally Beauty Supply.  I feel like I have been waiting for the spring China Glaze collection since the beginning of the winter and it is finally here!  It isn't up yet on the Ulta or Sally Beuaty website but at least I can begin deciding what shades that I want to buy so I can order as soon as they come to those stores!

This collection is called Electropop and it is a breath of fresh air and holds promises of spring.  I have been wearing deep blues, reds, and purples the past few weeks and this collection gets me very excited for a change of scenery, I need some new pastel polishes this spring and this collection will be my starting point for shopping.  Mixed in with the pastels in this collection, China Glaze introduced a few new bright shades that will tempt me also.  I have bought so many deep jewel toned polishes since the beginning of the fall that I just want to wear some different shades.

Here is the spring collection from China Glaze!

- Kinetic Candy - pale blue-gray cream
- Electric Beat - medium periwinkle blue cream
- Aquadelic - bright aqua cream
- Gaga for Green - medium cool green cream
- Sunshine Pop - bright yellow shimmer
- Make Some Noise - bright warm coral jelly cream
- Wicked Style - bright pink berry cream
- Fuchsia Fanatic - bright fuchsia cream
- Gothic Lolita - medium cool lilac shimmer
- Dance Baby - pale pink cream
- Sweet Hook - pale lilac cream
- Techno - clear base with multi sizes of silver glitter

I can't decide if Kinetic Blue or Sweet Hook is my favorite shade, I love both of them and they both fill gaps in my nail polish collection and will both make my Most Wanted list for the upcoming month.  I can't wait to wear some of these great cool-toned pastels on my nails this spring.  I'm not really taken with any of the brights, so I will just be skipping to the pastels from this collection.  The other shades that I like are: Dance Baby, Gothic Lolita (love the name!), and Electric Beat. 
I am just so ready to add some new pastels to my nail polish collection and fill in some holes!

photo courtesy of China Glaze

No comments: