Monday, January 9, 2012

Giorgio Armani Armani Code Pour Femme

January is the month that I begin going through all of the products that I have opened and look to see what I can realistically use up before I begin to get all of my new spring products out.  Almost every single year, I have refound a product that I haven't used in at least a few months.  This time around, I discovered an old bottle of Giorgio Armani Armani Code Pour Femme, a fragrance that was given to me years ago as a gift.  I wore a lot when I first received it but I haven't worn it as much in the past year since I often tended to reach for Stella or Chanel No. 5 when I am getting dressed up and going out.  But i am glad that I refound this fragrance since it is one of the most unique that I own.

The Sephora website gives both the background on the fragrance and a full description of the fragrance itself.  The bottle of this fragrance is what first attracted me to it when I saw a picture of it in a beauty magazine.  I remember reading in the article that the bottle was designed to resemble an Armani couture gown and was made for dressing up and going out.

First the background on the fragrance.  "Embrace your feminity with a fragrance that represents timeless elegance.  The distinct, sophisticated scent was inspired by the glamour of Hollywood's leading ladies.  Code for Woman, an essence of utter feminity, pays homage to ladies and their magnetic attraction.  The combination of flora, fruit, and warm vanilla create a sensual experience that leaves an addicting trail along the way.  Dose yourself in this unforgettable fragrance for a sophisticated finish to your elegant style."  This fragrance was one of the first very rich and feminine fragrances that was created by Giorgio Armani.

And now onto the actual fragrance description. "The heart of the fragrance lies in the distinct freshness of orange blossom, while the deep scent from the flower's pistil evokes exciting vibrancy.  The sunny radiance of the Tunisian orange blossom is amplified by feminine sophistication of India's precious sambac Jasmine.  Orange zest from two types of orange peels -  one from the Ivory coast and the other from Italian oranges -  add a hint of cheerfulness.  Soft Madagascan vanilla and a touch of honey creates a warm, sweet finish."

"The sleek, clean silhouette of the glass bottle is decorated with an oriental-inspired motif and transparently embroidered with a shadowing effect.  The color and lace represent the feminine spirit of Mr. Armani's couture designs.  Together, glamour and mystery combine to create this mesmerizing composition.  A seductive new fragrance for women, Armani Code Pour Femme is a fresh, sexy, feminine blend of zesty blood orange, ginger, and pear sorbet softened with hints of sambac jasmine, orange blossom, and lavender honey, warmed with precious woods and vanilla."

The notes of the fragrance are: Blood Orange, Ginger, Pear Sorbet, Sambac Jasmine, Orange Blossom, Seringa Flower, Lavender Honey, Precious Woods Complex, Vanilla.

This fragrance starts out very strong on the Blood Orange and goes right into the Orange Blossom and Jasmine notes.  The original fruit notes dies off very quickly on me and then this fragrance goes right into a deep floral that stays on me all day long.  The honey and the Sandalwood notes comes out within a few hours and make the fragrance even richer as they mingle with the jasmine note.  This fragrance has one of the best lasting powers of any fragrance that I have every tried and therefore it can be overdone very easily.  I use a very small amount of this perfume on my pulse points and neck.

The term "addicting trail" in the description gave me quite a good laugh.  It certainly does leave a trail, I have had women come right up and follow in me to ask what fragrance that I am wearing.  I wore it out to a Spanish restaurant one Valentine's Day several years ago and while I was eating, I accidently ate a hot pepper and ran to the bathroom so that I wouldn't get sick at the table.  This is when the two women followed me into the bathroom and asked what I was wearing.  Thoughts of this fragrance and this incident always put a smile on my face everytime that I reach for it!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: