Monday, January 30, 2012

LUSH Valentine's Day Products

I am not going to go into my thoughts on Valentine's Day, I may not love this holiday but a new crop of LUSH products can brighten my day no matter what the theme of the line is.  And I must admit that the Valentine's Day product line is among the best of the limited edition products that they release during the year.  Valentine's Day is the perfect time for pink and girly products and what company does that better than LUSH?!  I remember the Leap Frog product from last year, who could forget that cute little frog product?  I always want to buy another one of him for novelty value alone, he makes me giggle and just looking at him always brightens my day.  So I might actually be able to say that I look forward to Valentine's Day just for this product collection...

LUSH's collection consists of a mixture of body and bath products and has the introduction of a fragrance this year, I have not yet tried their fragrance line in the store and I am very interested to see what type of fragrance this company feels is a good choice for this holiday. Since I am most interested in the fragrance choice, I have decided that that is where we will begin...
25:43 Gorilla Perfume - LUSH inventor and co-founder Marc Constantine created this perfume especially for his son Simon in honor of his wedding day.  Simon's bride wore this fresh and citrusy perfume down the aisle, and it captured the moment beautifully with notes of tonka and lime accord.  Simon (not to be bested by his Dad) later added notes of lemongrass, vanilla, ylang ylang, and litsea to round out the already light and clean essence of 25:43.  Born of a truly romantic notion, share this perfume with your partner to create your own scented memories!  Love is in the air: Since the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, the number of proposals there has tripled!  This inspired Simon to share his perfume.  Did you know?  The strongest sense tied to memory is smell.  Create beautifully fragranced moments with our most romantic perfume yet.  Behind the name: It took Marc twenty-five minutes and forty-three seconds to blend this masterpiece for Simon.  Talk about a flash of brillance!

Love Potion Massage Bar - Some people like to give candy-grams or flowers, but at LUSH, we think you should pop the all-important "Will you be my Valentine?" with a sensual, full body massage.  Call us forward, but we think few gestures are as effective!  Offer to massage your beloved with our Love-scented cocoa butter bar, Love Potion.  Fresh apple blossom, orris root infusion, and bergamot oils (along with aphrodisiac jasmine) cast a spell on their senses, leading them right down the path to shouting out, "Yes!  Yes!  I'll always be yours!" in sheer pleasure.  Job done.  It's all about the foreplay: Prep for your massage by drawing them a bath with our Fizzbanger Bath Bomb.  Plus, a name like that is definitely an icebreaker.  Double the 'Love': Follow your Love Potion massage with a spritz of our Love perfume!  Soft, romantic scents: Love Potion is full of gorgeous floral oils like carnation, ylang ylang, rose, apple blossom, and jasmine.

Sweetheart Bar Soap - If you have to declare your feelings for that someone special, give them a slice of our limited edition Sweetheart soap.  After all, it smells better (and is kinder to the environment) than a valentine and they'll be reminded of your adoration every time they soap up with the jasmine, vanilla, and sandalwood suds.  The cramy, moisturizing lather will leave them soft, smiling - and thinking of you!  If you are not quite ready to gift them with a P.S. I Love You, take it slow and work them into a lather with a slice of Sweetheart.  Chocolates are so last year: Give your Valentine a scrumptious smelling slice of Sweetheart instead of chocolates - it will definitely last longer!  No honey here: Like most of our handmade soaps, this skin softening wonder is vegan.  Snap up a slice: Sweetheart is only available for a limited time.

Magic Mushroom Bubble Bar - Magic Mushrrom has two distinctive scents.  In the red cap, there's the nostalgic fragrance of our Yummy Yummy Yummy shower gel (sniff); and in the white bit, we've used our siganture creamy vanilla scent.  Together, it blends to give you bubbles that smell like a bowl of fresh strawberries covered in cream.  There won't be mushroom for anyone else in your life - or bath - when you've got one.  Welcome back, little mushroom.  It's been one long year since we-ve said goodbye to our exceptionally fruity, sweetly creamy Bubble Bar and it's been tough.  Make mounds of frothy bubbles with this limited edition romancer. 

Leap Frog Bath Bomb - Another magical creation by Michelle, The Frog Prince is an extremely handsome and regal frog with a pair of vibrantly red and kissable lips.  Give him a quick peck, drop him in the tub, and wiat for your prince to come.  Simon's new fragrance is an aphrodisiac blend with sweet undertones; he used jasmine, neroli, and rosewood to create a sensual fragrance for those longing for their prince - or princess - to come.  It's not all about the fragrance with this one; it's also brimming with cocoa butter and almond oil for a luxuriously moisturizing soak.

The Ex-Factor Bath Bomb - Valentine's Day isn't for everyone.  It can make your blook boil when you're not with anyone and it can do the same when you are.  Our blue Bath Bomb was invented for wronged lovers and those who dislike the romantic sentiments of Valentine's Day.  While it has the cute blue color of a smurf, there's nothing quite so sweet about Ex-Factor.  Its musky, creamy scent and dissolvable limbs make for a wickedly fun bath, where you can fizz away appendages and head until your thirst for revenge has been satisified.

The Leap Forg isn't the only giggle that I get from this collection, The Ex-Factor gives me a good laugh too.  I will have to order both of these bombs just for the amusement that I get from them.  I think that Ex-Factor might be the perfect product for me to use on Valentine's Day night, I can play in the bathtub and kiss the holiday away until next year!

I think the Sweetheart soap is adorable even though I normally hate those types of products, I really must order a bar of this very soon.  And I must buy another Magic Mushroom Bubble Bar, I am on my last bottle of Yummy Yummy Yummy and I love that fragrance, this is now the only way that I can get my hands on it.

photo courtesy of LUSH

No comments: