Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Body Shop Chamomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

A new eye makeup remover is another one of my skincare spree purchases!  For the first time in ages, I have used up my stash of Caudalie Cleansing Water and decided that I should try out a new product.  I love the Cleansing Water but I wanted to see what else is out there and I knew that I could always return to my beloved Caudalie product if others didn't meet my standards for getting my makeup off without irritating my eye area.  I considered the famed Lancome eye makeup remover but I decided to try something that is a bit more natural and has a formula that is a bit closer to the Caudalie formula.  the last thing that I wanted to do with this experiment is made my eye area red, itchy, and irritated.  Thinking along these lines, I decided to order The Body Shop's Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover from the Sephora website.

The Body Shop's skin and body product line are considered part of the Sephora "natural and organic" line and are recommended for sensitive, easily irritated skin like my own.  I tried to find this product on the Sephora website again when I went to write this post however I can't find it so I got the details from The Body Shop's website.  "Float the day away with refreshing rosewater to gently cleanse and dissolve eye makeup.  Also conditions lashes so they feel soft and silky."

I give eye makeup remover quite a challenge on a daily basis, I use all kinds of primers under my eye shadows and at least two coats of mascara a day.  I have had many eye makeup removers that can only make a dent in getting all of my eye makeup off and I have to try and get the rest of it off in the shower with my regular face wash.  Which I hate doing since I don't feel that face wash can get eye makeup off and I don't like using it that closely around my eye area.  I have been using this new eye makeup remover for the past week and so far it has been performing better than I thought that it would.

This eye makeup remover effectively gets all of my eye makeup off with the first swipe of the cotton ball.  I do have to use a second swipe to get the rest of my mascara off from underneath my eyes but this is normal for me.  The product has a light scent, with the chamomile and the rosewater combining into a nice herbal fragrance.  This fragrance doesn't bother me at all and unless you are super sensitive to fragrance, then it shouldn't be an issue for anyone.  I love how gentle this product is and how it doesn't bother my eyes at all.  So far, this is only the second natural eye makeup remover that I have found that effectively gets my eye makeup off and doesn't irritate my eyes at the same time.

My only complaint about this product is the packaging and it's not even that big of a complaint.  The bottle is short and fat and I feel that it might involve a lot of shaking and squeezing to get product out as I get to the end of the product.  I prefer the Caudalie Cleansing Water bottle, it is tall and skinny and the product is very easy to get out until the very last drop.  This is a small complaint but it is the only thing that I would change about this product.

photo courtesy of The Body Shop

No comments: