Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lancome Spring 2012 Collection - Roseraie des Delices

I feel like I wait all year for the Lancome spring color collection, every since Aaron de May took over as Creative Director of the brand, their spring collections have been their best release of the entire year.  I am hoping that 2012 does not break this trend, I never really like the summer collection since it is so heavily focused on bronzers and the warmer makeup hues that match this type of complexion.  I am in full spring makeup shopping mode right now so this collection was released at the perfect time to satisfy my shopping urges.  This collection contains lots of pink hues in every type of product.  I am most excited for the pretty pink blush in this collection and I am hoping that there is a great lipstick to match it...

The latest masterpiece from Aaron de May!

Color Design Spring 2012 Limited Edition Eye Shadow Palette - Create a fresh, sensual eye look just in time for the spring with Les Yeux Doux ("Soft Eyes"), available in two color palettes, Rose Romance and Vert Tendresse.  Encased in a luxurious black lacquered compact with a delicate green rose crown, "Les Yeux Doux" is a must for a fresh spring eye look.  Long-wear, 8 hour formula.  Color does not fade, continues to stay true.
- For a rosy, sensual look, 206 Rose Romance consists of a mix of soft pinks, peach, and burgundy.  Apply the shades in 5 simple steps (all over, lid, crease, highlighter, and liner) to design your customized eye look.  Contour and sculpt in soft day colors or intensify with dramatic evening hues for smoldering smoky effects.
- For a fresh pop of color, use 502 Vert Tendresse, a warm palette with shades of mint and forest greens.  Apply the shades in 5 simple steps (all over, lid, crease, highlighter, and liner) to design your customized eye look.  Contour and sculpt in soft day colors or intensify with dramatic evening hues for smoldering smoky effects.

Le Stylo Waterproof - Formulated for an intense eye look to withstand everything from tears to inclement weather, this waterproof eyeliner has a unique twist tip that never needs sharpening.  Won't skip, smudge, or streak.  The easy-glide, creamy texture helps you create any look you like. 
- 502 Green Petal - frosty mint green
- 600 Blanc - pure white

La Roseraie Illuminating Smooth Powder - La Roseraie ("Bed of Roses") compact is the new must-have of the Spring season.  The light texture of this multi-dimensional powder eases application and gives a transparent finish to the skin.  The bright rosy pink and pastel shimmer combination is a perfect all-in-one product for cheeks and face.

L'Absolu Rouge Nu - Discover delicious sheer shades that will adorn your lips with a delicate veil of color.  The 1st ultra caring lipstick with Pro-Xylane in a new infinitely light texture, and enriched with enhancing pigments to reveal the radiance of beautifully replenished lips.
- 388 Rose Petal- sheer bright pink
- 1141 Sweet Marmalade - sheer bright coral

Le French Touch Absolu Nu - Limited edition cult packaging inspired by Lancome's heritage lipsticks - fourth edition.  This sheer pink shade is inspired by mouth-watering cotton candy.  Enhance your natural lip tone in a veil of shiny, translucent color.  The 1st ultra caring lipstick with Pro-Xylane in a new infinitely light texture, and enriched with enhancing pigments to reveal the radiance of beautifully replenished lips.  A surprising sheer texture will adorn your lips with a delicate veil of color.
- 316 Cotton Candy - cool bright sheer pink

Color Fever Gloss - Discover limited edition pastel glosses in sheer shades of mint, tangerine, and rose for a natural, romantic spring look.  With one gliding stroke, lips look more sensual and voluptuous, thanks to Lancome's Vinyl Shine System that keeps color vibrant and shine luminous and lasting without any sticky or tacky feeling.  Moisture-boosting ingredients ensure lips feel soft, smooth, and comforted all day.  Application is always flawless with the unique Lip-Sculpt applicator that contours the curves of your lips perfectly.
- 386 Green Petal - translucent soft green
- 388 Rose Petal - sheer baby pink
- 387 Tangerine Petal - sheer soft coral

I was originally going to put a picture of the model wearing the full makeup look in this post but after seeing the blush compact up close, I decided that just a description didn't do it full justice.  I must have this blush, I can't even put into words how much that I love it, I just am afraid that I would never use it because the rose is just too pretty to destroy.  I must see this person and then decide if I would ever use it or just stare at it all day long...

I am debating whether or not I really want the pink eye shadow palette, I think it is very pretty but I already own a few pink shades and I don't even wear them as much as I could.  I don't know that I could pull off the complete pink face look, I will try it with the products that I currently have before I end buying this palette and getting little to no use from it.  The lip products are a whole different ball game though, I love many of these shades especially the new lipstick shades.  My favorite is the limited edition French Touch Absolu Nu, I love that bright cotton candy shade and that it has a sheer finish, I think that I actually own nothing like this in my lipstick wardrobe already.  The Rose Petal shade is great also, I am loving these bright pinks for the spring months!  Last but not least, I want the Color Fever Gloss in the Rose Petal, I haven't bought gloss in ages and this one is stunning.

Vive Aaron de May!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: