Saturday, January 28, 2012

Bath and Body Works Super Rich Body Cream Collection

One of my traditional favorite products from Bath and Body Works is the shea butter cream in the True Blue Spa line, I first used this product in college and have used it every single winter since to dry my dry skin.  The original cream is among the best products in the whole store and is one of the best products to try dry, easily irritated skin.  Several years ago, the product was also released in an unfragranced version for those who are senstive to fragrances.  This winter, Bath and Body Works expanded on this best-selling product and introduced it in three new fragrances to appeal to all those who love their scented body products.  The Lemon scent first caught my eye, I am so happy that this company has brought Lemon Vanilla back in some version of body products!

Let's start with the original product, this is one of the best on the market for dry, rough skin and most poeple fall in love it from the first time that they use it.  "Nothing makes skin feel better than incredibly rich Shea Butter.  This deluxe cream takes it even further with protecting, conditioning Vitamin E and Macademia Nut Oil.  Because you know more is really more.  Infused with Shea Butter for the ultimate spa experience.  Ultra-thick, moisture-rich texture.  Creamy coconut shea butter fragrance.  Not tested on animals."  This cream hydrates on contact with skin and helps my dry to retain moisture throughout the day.  A little bit of it goes a very long way and less is more when it comes to this cream.  I use a small amount and then emulsify it on my palm and then apply it to my skin.  A tube of this cream lasts me all winter and well into the spring months, this is one of the best creams for dry skin and I really recommend that anyone with dry winter skin try it out.

As I stated above, this fantastic cream is now available in three new fragrances.  We are going to start with the Lemon since everyone knows how much I love lemon scented body products, I bought this product about five minutes after smelling it for the first time.  My only complaint is that I wish there was more in this scent than just the cream, I would love if the hydrating shower cream that matches the original body cream came with this scent too.  I will just layer it with my Lemon Vanilla shower gel instead, I guess.  "Your favorite at-home spa collection is the best way to keep skin hydrated and feeling smooth with rich shea butter, Vitamin E, Macademia Nut Oil, and lemon to protect, nourish, and condition skin.  Ultra-thick, moisture-rich texture.  With invigorating lemon extract for a creamy lemon fragrance."  This product reminds me of a cross between the Lemon Vanilla and C.O. Bigelow Lemon Body Cream, the Bigelow version actually contained the lemon extract too and it helped to brighten skin.  I haven't seen that effect yet from this cream but I also don't know how much lemon oil is actually in this formula, it was an active ingredient in the Bigelow cream but it not be in this formula.  Needless to say, the brightening effect o the lemon was not why I purchased this product, I was more interested in the fragrance and hydrating power of this formula.

The second of the new versions is the Vanilla Almond, another scent that I loved and bought within minutes of trying it.  This scent reminded me of the Shea Cashmere and Silk product line that was around last fall, I just prefer the texture of this cream to that line anyway.  "Your favorite at-home spa collection is the best way to keep your skin hydrated and feeling smooth with rich shea better, Vitamin E, Macademia Nut Oil, and almond oil to protect, nourish, and condition skin.  Ultra-thick, moisture-rich texture.  With nourishing Almond Oil and a vanilla almond fragrance."  Pretty much I have the same comments for this scent that I have for the Lemon, I love this scent and wish that it came in a matching body wash.  This cream is the one that I am using right now since the rich scent is best for fall and winter and I can use the Lemon scent in the spring months. 

The last of the new fragrances is the only one that I didn't purchase, the Pomegranate version.  I have never liked the scent of pomegranates and they don't like me either so this cream is not the best choice for me.  I tried this cream on along with the others and this smelled awful on me, not a surprise.  "Your favorite at-home spa collection is the best way to keep your skin hydrated and feeling smooth with rich shea butter, Vitamin E, Macademia Hut Oil, and antioxidant-rich pomegranate to protect, nourish, and condition skin.  Ultra-thick, moisture-rich texture.  With extract from antioxidant-rich pomegranate for a juicy pomegrante fragrance."  This cream smells like rotten fruit on me which is a bit sad since I love using antioxidant products and this one would be a good way to reap those benefits all over my body.  I would love if the same benefits came in a fragrance that worked a bit better with my skin chemistry.

I love the new Lemon and Vanilla Almond versions of this product, I am so glad that I bought them and I will use them to help hydrate my skin in the winter months and throughout the spring.  I would love if these creams came with matching scented washes but I guess I can't have everything...

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: