Friday, January 27, 2012

MAC A Shade of Red For Every Heart

I wrote about the Philosophy Valentine's Day products about a week ago and now I see that MAC has come out with a Valentine's Day collection also.  I believe that this company has done this for past few years and I love that a makeup company also realizes the impact of the holiday and released a full line of red lip shades to celebrate.  I may not be a fan of the holiday but we all know how much I love red lipstick shades and I am more than happy to see a whole collection of MAC's best reds in one place.  I also think that I see a few deep pinks mixed in here too, a shade that I will wear for the rest of the winter and well into the spring months.

The MAC website states the following in a description of the collection, "For Valentine's Day...a selection of reds, from the brightest to the darkest, for every whim and decadent desire."  I see every type of lip product in this collection, along with matching nail polish shades. 

Here is the Valentine's Day collection...

Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips.  Stands out on the runway.  Simmers on the street!  What made MAC famous.
- Cockney - sheer yellow red with multidimensional pearl (Lustre)
- Hang-up - deep berry (Cremesheen)
- Dare You - deep brown red (Cremesheen)

Pro Longwear Lipglass - A longwearing Lipglass that goes on smooth and lasts for up to six hours!  Envelops lips with shine and colour and pro-longs the hours between reappliction.
- Driven by Love - red-blue with slight pearl
- Lasting Achievement - mid-tone purple with slight pearl

Lip Pencil - A pencil designed for shaping, lining, or filling in the lip.  Lip Pencils have a smooth, creamy texture that is perfect for lining the lips or filling them in.  They are long-lasting and available in a wide selection of colours that each work well with many different lipstick shades.
- Beet - vivid reddish-pink
- Cherry - vivid bright bluish-red

Nail Lacquer - Revoluntionary new high gloss formula.  Three long-wearing finishes - Cream, Sheer, and Frosted.  Visibly different.  Provides no-streak/no-chip finish.  Contains conditioners and UV protection.  Go hi-lacquer!
- Vintage Vamp - rich deep retro wine (Cream)
- Rougemarie - immodestly sexy red-bleu (Cream)

Love these reds!  My favorite shade in this collection is the Lustre Lipstick in Cockney, a sheer neutral red shade.  I do wonder how close this is to Ladybug, I already love this shade but I do wonder if I need to own both of them.  I love the Hang-Up shade in the Lipstick too, this is a great deep berry that will work well for fall and winter.  I can skip over the lip glosses, I'm not a huge fan of very pigmented, shiny red glosses.  The same holds true for the Lip Pencils, I never use them and don't ever plan on starting.  I do love both of the Nail Lacquer shades, I always am in the market for new reds and these are great reds to boot.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: