Sunday, February 5, 2012

Bath and Body Works Pink Chiffon

Valentine's Day has come to Bath and Body Works!  Their newest Signature Collection fragrance is a girly, sweet scent that has come out right in time for Valentine's Day and can be worn all the way into the spring.  This fragrance is named Pink Chiffon and upon first seeing the name on the bottle, I immediately thought of Pink Sugar and was interested to see how Bath and Body Works would do a newer version of that cult fragrance.  This company was way overdue to release a sweet, candy-like fragrance into their line and the Makeup Alley Bath and Body Board is already going crazy for this fragrance.  I smelled this fragrance for the first time a few weeks ago in the store and I can say that it will fulfill the cravings of those who want a sweet candy fragrance that is easily available at a mainstream store in the mall.  Until a few years ago, sweet fragrances were really only available by purchasing the Pink Sugar products or by ordering from online etailers.  But now everyone can easily get their hands on this type of fragrance when they need to add a sweet, girly kick to their fragrance collection.

The Bath and Body Works website provides a full description of the fragrance and the notes in the description of the EDT in this scent.  "Master perfumers have blended Sparkling Red Pear, Vanilla Orchid, and Whipped Chiffon Musk to create this ultra-feminine fragrance inspired by the effortless grace of a master ballerina."  The top notes are: Mandarin, Sparkling Pear, Peach Nectar, Wild Berries.  The heart notes of the fragrance are: Tiare Flower, Jasmine Petals, Water Lily, Apple Blossom.  The base notes are: Coconut Milk, Vanilla Orchid, Creamy Sandalwood, Heliotrope, Chiffon Musk.

This fragrance comes in the traditional line of products from Bath and Body Works; Fragrance mist, Shower Gel, Body Lotion, Triple Moisture Body Cream, EDT, and Shimmer Mist.  It also comes in a product that I have never seen before and that I haven't seen at the store yet (even though a display was out), the Shimmer Body Cream.  "Our Shimmer Body Cream with nourishing Aloe Vera and Vitamin E will make your skin feel soft and smooth and give it a sexy, luminous sheen."  I can't comment on how this product works as I have not seen it yet.

This fragrance smells great in the bottle but there is something in it that really disagrees with my skin chemistry.  The lotion smells just like sugar on me and something goes a bit sour with the fragrance mist.  I wasn't really expecting that I would purchase the fragrance mist since this isn't the type of fragrance that I like to wear very often but I was a bit disappointed that the lotion didn't work with me.  I did want to buy the lotion and gel since I like the scent but I need to skip over them since they don't work for me.

Such a pretty scent and such pretty packaging but this isn't the scent for my skin...

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am loving this scent!! The shimmer mist is beautiful!! BBW did good once again..