Friday, February 3, 2012

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara

Lights, Camera, Lashes is the first mascara that I have tried from Tarte, I have admired the unique purple packaging in the Sephora but I finally was able to try the mascara when I bought the True Blood palette.  Over the past few months, I have come to regard that palette as one of my few pieces in my makeup collection and have been liking it even more every single time that I use the eye shadows and liner it in.  I have recently finished up my last tube of Clinique mascara so I decided to open the mascara that was included with this set (I still have yet to try the eye shadow primer from the set).  I have been such a convert to Tarte lately and I now want to expand my collection of products from this company.

Lights, Camera, Lashes! is the volumizing mascara from Tarte, it added volume but this isn't the Diorshow type of volumzinf mascara that I tend to use when I want to go after the huge lash look, it helped to volumiaze lashes but it didn't make them as huge as I would have liked. 

"This is what we call a push-up bra for your lashes, a 4-in-1 (lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning) dermatologist tested mascara that gives dramatic, thick, sexy lashes and is clinically proven to increase lash volume by 424%.  Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara is clincially proven to increase lash volume by 424%.  Our patented dual-brush technology separates and evenly coats lashes while the unique 4-in-1 formula gives you bombshell lashes worthy of a freeze frame."  I have said it already multiple times but a mascara cannot curl lashes, it can only help to hold a curl that is already in place before the mascara application, I curl my lashes everyday anyway so I like mascara that help to hold the curl.  Tarte did clarify their "curling" statement when they supplied the Clinical Results of this product on their website.

The Clinical Results from this product's testing phase are as follows: Increases lash volume by 424%; Lengthening: Rice bran and carnuaba wax help to extend the length of lashes; Curling: Synethetic film fibers hold in curl; Volumizing: The formula containing Provitamin B helps give skin the appearance of thicker lashes; Conditioning: Natural olive oil esters coats lashes and help protect against breakage.  The website also provides a full description of the ingredients in this formula so we get to look at this product's ingredient list in depth.  I love how Tarte always provides full details about their products and the major ingredients that are contained in it. 

"Carnauba Wax is an emollient derived from the leaves of the carauba palm, this natural wax ensures a smooth application.  High Performance Naturals are ground-breaking eco-technology, they are earth engineered formulas that deliver clinically-proven results using unique and proprietary blends of 100% natural ingredients.  Mineral Pigments contained in the formula are colors and dyes derived from natural minerals that have been known to soothe and soften the skin.  Olive Esters condition, treat, and protect lashes.  Provitamin B5 is a Vitamin B derivative that treats and thickens lashes.  Rice Bran Wax is a natural wax that helps lengthen lashes.  Rice Bran Wax is a natural wax that helps to lengthen lashes.  Pure water delivers and retains moisture."

This is nice mascara formula however I don't find it volumzing enough to get the look that I prefer.  I use mascaras that are ultra-volumizing and give me lashes that look nearly fake.  This mascara helped to add a bit of volume to be my lashes but didn't go far enough in that area to suit me.  I don't really go after lengthening mascaras, this isn't my major interest when purchasing mascara.  I like how this mascara helped to hold the curl in my lashes, I think that the mascara performed best for me in this aspect.  I would have liked to see this formula deliver more volume, two coats made my lashes bigger but it didn't make them huge.  This formula kept my lashes soft and more natural looking than other formulas that I have used.

I am glad that I got this mascara in with the True Blood palette and that I didn't purchase this mascara on its own.  I was attracted to this product mostly for the packaging and that still is the best aspect of this product.  This mascara does add some volume after two coats but not enough to make me want to buy another tube of this.

photo courtesy of Tarte

No comments: