Thursday, February 23, 2012

MAC Lightfully New

Lightfully New is the newest collection that is up on the MAC website however I didn't see it at the counter when I went by the other day.  Since this is a skincare collection, I wonder if it only available on the website and at the freestanding stores.  This collection is based on the original Lightful line of skincare that became a cult favorite several years back.  From what I remember, this collection was only available in the United States for a short period of time and was modeled after much of the skincare technology that was and is still very popular in Asia.  That line of skincare product focused on brightening the overall skintone and lightening areas of the face that were plagued by discoloration damage.  I hope that this collection is permanent since I hate limited edition skincare products since I will never be able to find them again after the initial purchase.

This collection is only available on the MAC website so far, I looked for it on both the Nordstrom and Macy's website and neither of them had any mention of it.  "A natural upgrade to the original Lightful formula!  Four new products for your daily regime, all featuring the active benefits of three freshly harvested seaweeds plus Super-Duo Charged Water.  Nourish, hydrate, de-oxidize, fortify the skin and add radiance the marine-bright way."  I have used products contained seaweed on my body before but I have never tried them out on my face so this collection will be the first time using this type of technology on my face.

The skincare products in the Lightfully New collection...

Lightful Moisture Cream - Now enhanced with the active high impact power of our Marine-Bright complex and Super-Duo Charged Water, this lightweight, gel-style moisturizing cream works harder to boost skin's moisture and instantly, over time, make the skin more luminous.

Lightful Essence - With the addition of Marine-Bright complex and Super-Duo Charged Water to its formula, this lightweight serum now acts more powerfully to moisten, condition, and plump skin for a smoother, more radiant look and feel.  Impact increases over time.

Lightful Softening Lotion - Infused with the active high power of our Marine-Bright complex, this softening lotion conditions the skin for a more radiant look and feel.  Impact increases over time.

Lightful Cleanser - With our Marine-Bright complex and Super-Dup Charged Water now contributing to its impact, this foaming, mousse-style cleanser intensifies the overall benenfits to your skin.  Actively cleanses, rebalances, refreshes, hydrates, and brightens the skin.

I have not tried the original Lightful line of products so I can't really comment on the difference between the two lines, I would hope that the new one would be better than the original but I will not comment either way.  I am willing to give this line of products a try since I am always looking to brighten my overall skintone, my two top choices from the line would be the Moisture Cream and the Essence.  These two products are the closest to the ones that I have been playing with from Clarins and I am hopeful that I will get the same type of results from these.  I have to revisit my local counter and see if the products can be purchased there or if I will have to order from the MAC website.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: