Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Favorite Products at this Time!

It is the middle of February and I am currently in the beauty product limbo that occurs as one season is coming to an end and I am looking forward to the beginning of another.  My major beauty concerns right now are keep my skin hydrated and reducing redness since it is sensitive and prone to dryness and redness during the winter season.  I am getting my skin ready for that first group of warm days in the spring when I can start using a light helping of bronzer and start rocking my spring makeup hues.

I am in the same place with makeup and fragrances too.  I am getting very sick of the shades and scents that I have been wearing since the middle of September and it is beginning to reach of point where I am getting headaches from any type of woody oriental fragrance.  I am using up the last little bits in any of the my bottles and clearing out space on my dresser for some new fragrances.  This is my version of spring cleaning!  Looking on the bright side, I have been starting to incorporate some of the new pink shades that I have been buying into my current makeup regime to bright my outlook on the current wintery weather.
Summary - I am interested in two things right now and all of my current favorite beauty products support these two obsessions!

My favorites right now!

Philosophy Purity Made Simple - "A highly effective one-step facial cleanser.  Philosophy Purity Made Simple is a pH-balanced formula that rapidly dissolves dirt and makeup while deep cleaning pores.  The best-selling cleanser contains infusions of sage, chamomile, and carrot.  Purity Made Simple is a part of a collection of Philosophy products designed to soothe even the most dry and sensitive skin."  This might be one of my favorite face washes that I have ever used, I love it more and more every time that I use!  This will be best in the fall and winter months, it will be too heavy during the warm weather months so I will be buying another bottle of this at the end of next summer.  It fully cleans dirt, oil, and makeup off my face without leaving any residue.  It doesn't foam up so it doesn't contain any harsh surfactants that will strip and dry my skin out.  This product is top-rated and one of the company best-sellers for a reason; it works well and without any excess ingredients to dry out sensitive skin.

Benefit Total Moisture Face Cream - "A hydra-concentrated facial cream with tri-radiance complex.  Formulated for normal to dry skin, this concentrated facial cream provides immediate and long-term hydration for an ultra-radiant complexion.  It contains an exclusive "tri-radiance complex" to help develop the skin's reserves of water and reinforce skin's moisture barrier.  This product contains natural plant-based squalene and mango butter emollients."  I am currently on my second jar of this product, it is nearly unprecedented that I finish a face cream and then run right out and rebuy the exact same product, I expected very little of this product when I first got the Beauty Insider sample from Sephora but I quickly fell in love with the texture and the way that it leaves my skin feeling.  I started using this only as a face cream when I first got the sample in December but now I am using it twice a day, both in the morning and at night.  It helps to leave my skin perfectly hydrated and glowing.  It leaves no greasy residue and absorbs quickly and evenly.  Like the above face wsh, I will stop using this in the spring but will be buying another jar (third jar!!!) at the end of the next summer.

Clinique Almost Lipstick in Shy Honey - "A glossy, ultra-light lipstick.  Not quite a gloss, and not quite a lipstick, this transparent formula merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips to create a look that's all your own.  It's sheer, emollient-rich formula glides on for easy layering."  Shy Honey is a sheer light cool pink shade, I am trying to save my bright pinks for the spring and this is a way for me to start rocking my pinks early.  The formula is very hydrating and helps to soothe my chapped lips and ease them into the next season.  I own a bunch of these glosses and wear them all the time, I love this formula and I was so happy when Clinique introduced it in a full shade range.

Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Katie - "A powder blusher.  Illuminate and enliven your complexion with the color and drama of Illamasqua Powder Blusher.  Color intense and highly pigmented, it can be used to shade, brighten, enhance, and define the shape of your face.  Be bold, be daring, and be the center of attention."  Katie is a light milky pink, it is perfect against my winter pale skin.  This shade is very cool and very pigmented so it is a harder shade to pull off for some people but it is just perfect for me and I will be wearing this all spring.  I don't know how well this will so up against a tan so I have to wear it as much as I can now.  The shade makes my cheeks pop and brightens my whole face, I love the trend of bright cheeks and this brand of blushes is one of the best for pigmentation that I have ever used.

China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Princess Grace - "China Glaze is professional-level nail enamel made with a special blend of polymers and resins that combine to create a nail lacquer that is long-lasting, chip-resistant, and resistant to color and shine fading.  Will not thicken in the bottle, no thinners necessary."  Princess Grace is a cool pale pink shade with a frosty finish.  This is another item that is slowly taking me over to my spring makeup look while not look odd in the winter months, it is perfect for Valentine's Day.  The polish lasts about three days without chipping and never loses shine or radiance, China Glaze is one of my favorite polish lines.  This shade matches so many different looks that it might become a staple for me and I can see myself using through this whole bottle and repurchasing it before the summer is over.

Pink is already my current obsession and it will just continue to grow throughout the spring months...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: