Wednesday, February 15, 2012

OPI Spring 2012 Collection - Holland Collection

We have been seeing some great nail polish collections so far this spring and I am excited to see even more great new shades!  So far, my favorite has been China Glaze but I am really excited to see the newest collection from OPI, I have been seeing pieces of it in many of the beauty magazines over the past month and it is finally out and on the website.  Last year, this company did a collection based on major cities in the United States and they have done the same theme throughout the years on countries from all over the world.  This spring's collection is another version of this type of collection, all of the shades are based on the culture and history of Holland.  Kiss Me On My Tulips is my early favorite from this collection, I have seen it in multiple magazines so far and I love the deep pink shade.
This collection consists of fourteen new shades, all types of colors and finishes.  They range from a pale nude all the way down to a deep eggplant.  In this respect, this isn't your typical spring collection since many of the shades are deeper than what we have been seeing so far this season.  However this collection is so diverse that everyone can find at least one shade to suit them.

The shades...

- A Roll in The Hague - bright neon orange cream
- Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh? - neutral light cream beige
- Dutch 'Ya Just Love OPI? - deep reddish purple with a shimmer finish
- Gouda Gouda Two Shoes - dirty warm rose cream
- I Don't Give a Rotterdam! - dusky perwinkle blue with silver shimmer
- I Have A Herring Problem - slate blue with silver shimmer
- Kiss Me on My Tulips - bright cool pink cream
- Pedal Faster Suzi! - light blue pink with silver shimmer
- Red Lights Ahead...Where? - bright coral red cream
- Thanks a WindMillion - dirty mint green cream
- Vampsterdam - deep eggplant with silver shimmer
- Wooden Shoe Like To Know? - medium warm chocolate brown with gold shimmer

As I stated above, my favorite shade is Kiss Me on My Tulips, the tulips that blossom every spring in Holland are lovely and this shade is a great representation of them, along with being perfectly on trend.  This is my number one pick from the collection and is making my next Most Wanted list.  My second favorite shade is the oddball shade in the spring collection, Vampsterdam is the deep eggplant with silver shimmer and would fit in much better in a fall collection.  I will buy it now and get it out to use next fall.  Pedal Faste Suzi! is the light pink shade with silver shimmer and I would get a lot of wear from it with my current pink obsession.  To round out the collection, I want two shades that will fit perfectly with all the light blues and greens that are so popular this spring; Thanks a WindMillion and I Don't Give a Rotterdam!

I like this collection more than I have liked the past few from the OPI and it is pretty rare that I find a shade from OPI that I get obsessed with it and must purchase it.  The collection does contain a great range of shades but it seems like some of them were just thrown in with no rhyme or reason (why is there a deep eggplant in this collection?!), some of the shades are directly on trends but others are completely out of the blue...

photo courtesy of OPI

No comments: