Monday, February 13, 2012

Smashbox Spring 2012 Collection - Be Discovered

Smashbox spring collections are usually among my favorites every single year, there is something about the way that this company creates a spring collection that manages to look completely different every year and always contains shades that are flattering on so many ladies.  My favorite collection is still the spring look from 2010, it was a series of pink shades that were introduced for Valentine's Day and then were still right on trend for the rest of the spring, no other collection from this company has ever compared to that one.  I wish that I had been able to buy more products from that line before it was completely sold out at Sephora...

This year's spring collection is named Be Discovered and something about the name and the overall theme of the collection seemed so familiar as soon as I found it on the Smashbox website.  Something that had to do with fall was my first thought and this was nagging at me so I knew that it wouldn't stop bothering me until I looked up their past few collections.  I went back in my Archives and saw that their collection from last fall was named Girls On Film and the palettes that were offered with that collection were quite similar in set up to the ones that we are seeing in this new collection.  I wasn't really all that taken with the Girls On Film collection, there was nothing wrong with it but there was nothing that really jumped out at me as something that I needed to purchase.  Smashbox has long tradition of great spring collections so I really hope that this one is different enough from the fall products.

"Your 15 minutes of fame is calling!  Work it with the freshest A-list looks, hot off our sets for spring.", states the Smashbox website in a description of the collection products.  This is a typical Smashbox collection, it contains eye, lip, and cheek products and there is no major emphasis on only category.  The fact that this company always releases a balanced collection is one of my favorite aspects of their collections, I know that I will find something good no matter what type of products I am most interested in at the moment.

Here is the new collection from Smashbox!

Be Discovered Eye Shadow Palette - From red carpets to runways, pastel lids rule this spring!  Get 'em with this perfectly on-trend palette.  Eight richly pigmented, blendable shadows will have you creating endlessly pretty looks all season long.  Finish up any look with a touch of the opal shade on inner corners of the eyes.  Instantly brightening!
- Bliss - pale champage gold shimmer
- Rosewater - pale pink shimmer
- Opal - pale opal shimmer
- Mist - pale silver shimmer
- Adobe - matte cool medium brown
- Champage - medium beige shimmer
- Pebble - matte deep cool brown
- Lilac - medium lilac shimmer

Be Discovered Cream Cheek Trio - Our cult-fave cream cheek color is back!  This time in fresh, modern hues fit for today's hottest "it" girls.  These super blendable, velvety shades look good alone, or mix and layer for your perfect flush of color!
- Show Biz - raspberry/bubble gum/cool highlight
- In Lights - warm coral/sparkling rose/warm highlight

Be Discovered Jet Set Eyeliner and Brush - Superstars like you don't have time for smudged liner!  Create show-stopping definition that lasts all day with this innovative gel-based formula.  It glides on easily and dries to a waterproof finish for looks that won't budge.  Includes angled liner brush!  To intensify any look, try lining the inner rims of eyes for heightened drama and definition.
- Dark Slate - deep slate blue
- Deep Brown - deep warm brown

Be Discovered Be Legendary Lipstick - Air kiss with the best of them, thanks to this ultra-luxe lipstick!  Get lustrous, saturated color worthy of any red carpet with one swipe of the creamy formula.  Plus, it's packed with vitamins and shea butter for lasting hydration and comfortable wear.  Shine with the best of them!  For high-impact luster, add a dab of our pearlscent Reflection High Shine Lip Gloss in the center of the lips.
- Pink Petal - hot pink
- Honey - rosy nude
- Melondrama - soft peach

This is another collection that is nice but not up to the standards that I have seen in previous seasons from this company.  I like every piece in the collection but there is nothing that I am dying to own or is unique enough for me to chase after the next time that I go to Sephora.  My favorite piece of the collection is the eye shadow palette, I like the range of cool shades that is included with this collection and I know that I would get a good amount of use from it this spring. 

I like that this collection contains pink shades for both lips and cheeks too.  The Show Biz trio blush contains two great pinks and a highlighter for blending.  I have to see this product the next time that I go to Sephora since I actually haven't tried a Smashbox blush formula yet.  The Be Legendary Lipstick is a new formula and I want to buy a few of these to really review the lipstick formula itself.  I want to start with the Pink Petal shade since I have been all over pinks this spring.  I will be following up with another review once I have been able to buy several of these lipsticks.

Nice collection but I do hope that this isn't the best collection of the year from Smashbox.  If it is, this might be a bit of a boring year...

photo courtesy of Smashbox

No comments: