Monday, February 27, 2012

Deborah Lippmann Spring 2012 Collection - Resort Collection

I have been seeing hints of the new Deborah Lippmann spring nail polish shades in many of the March issues of the top beauty magazines and I have been so excited for the actual release of the line.  I have finally found it on the website and I am so excited to order the Mermaid's Dream shade, pale greens and blue are going to be huge this spring and this polish is one of the best and most unique shades that I have seen so far this season.  I know that I would wear these shades all spring and summer on my toes, I may not wear them quite as frequently on my nails since I have been really into pinks lately but I will be buying from this collection since these are two great new shades.

This collection is named the Resort Collection and consists of the two new shades in the popular pale blue and green hues of the spring.  I was hard-pressed to pick a favorite but I have to choose Mermaid's Dream as my favorite of the collection and one of my favorite new polishes of the whole spring season. 

The first shade of the collection is the much-hyped Mermaid's Dream, I fell in love with it as soon as I first saw it in a magazine a few weeks ago.  This is the shade that I have included a picture of so all of you can see why I fell so much in love with it.  This shade is described as "seafoam splendor" and has a glittered shimmer finish.  Based on the photos that I have been seeing of this, it looks like it would be sheer with just one coat and the full color would have to be built up with at least two or three coats.  I would wear it both ways, I think that it has the potential to be an attractive top coat on for a cool toned blue polish and it will be lovely when applied to it's true shade potential.  '

The other shade in the collection is named On The Beach, a bright blue hue that reminds me of the beautiful oceans of the Riveria.  This shade is "rich riveria blue" and has a creme finish to it.  This one will be more of a toe nail polish shade for me, this will be perfect with peep toes in the spring and I will wear it to the beach this whole summer. 

I have been loving blues and greens for the past few weeks and these are two fo the best shades that I have seen from all the collections so far.  Mermaid's Dream might be my favorite shade of the whole season and is my favorite green of the whole season so far.  I love this collection from Deborah Lippmann and my only complaint is that I wish that it was larger and contained more great pale green and blue hues for the season...

photo courtesy of Deborah Lippmann

No comments: