Friday, October 1, 2010

Benefit BadGal Plum Mascara

As much as I love my BadGal mascara, I must say that this version of it wasn't my favorite. I guess I thought that if I loved the regular version than I would love the colored versions just as much. Well I was wrong on that thought, colored mascaras just aren't my cup of tea. I tried this mascara both on its own and over regular BadGal mascara in hopes that I would fall in love with this product somehow. This mascara was recommended to me by a friend who loves this product and then when I saw it as a Beauty Insider free pick, I decided to pounce on it.

The Sephora website describes this products as follows, "A rich, plum mascara that intensifies eye color. Benefit's BadGal Plum highlights your natural eye color while adding length and volume to lashes. Wear it alone to warm up your lashes or add Plum over the original BadGal Black for an extra pop".

I tried several times to get this product to work but I had no luck with it. The plum shade never really showed up on my lashes and I was told that this shade would make my eyes pop. My friend who loved this had brown and maybe since I have blue, the contrast never really showed up. So my eyes never looked any different than if I had no product on at all. I prefer deep black shades of mascara dn this color just didn't have enough pigment to stand up next to these. I still adore the BadGal formula but I don't think that the colored versions are able to produce the same impact that the black version does.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: