Sunday, October 17, 2010

NARS Beautiful Life Lip & Cheek Palette

I can never reject a NARS palette! Even though I have been on a MAC kick lately, the second that NARS releases a new palette, I sit up and take notice. I am not sure if I prefer their lip palettes or their eye palettes more. Currently I have been on an eye makeup kick but I am still drooling over some new lip items from NARS. This palette is a combination of lip and cheek products and is called Beautiful Life.

First we are going to look at the cheek products. There are two shades in this palette and both are from The Multiple product. "The original multi-purpose stick for eyes, cheeks, lips, and body. Its unique, creamy formula blends effortlessly to provide sheer color for creating shimmering accents, contours or dynamic highlights on all skin tones. Creates perfect, glowing complexions and is conveniently designed for failproof application".

The colors in this palette are...

- Copacabana - glistening pearl
- Orgasm - peachy pink with shimmer

Now the lip products. The NARS website states the following about the Lipstick in the palatte, "A wide range of captivating shades designed to provide the look and style the color dictates. NARS Lipstick is available in three formulas. Fashionable colors available in three textures. Exceedingly longwearing. Nourishing and non-drying, with Vitamin E. Once you start wearing NARS lipstick, you won't want to wear anything else".

The shades available in this palette are...

- Sexual Healing - shimmering pink blossom (Sheer)
- Honolulu Honey - quintessential flesh toned beige (Satin)
- Roman Holiday - delicate pastel pink (Sheer)
- Funny Face - fun fushcia (Semi-Matte)

This a lovely palette for cool toned ladies but I don't think that it will work near as well on those with warmer skin tones. Personally, I love all four of the lip shades and am willing to try out The Multiple shades. NARS changed the packaging of this palette for the better. The other palettes have been the usual rubber cases with a snap closure. This one is in a zippered case which would work much nicer in a makeup bag or purse.

I still have no answer to my thoughts about whether I think the lip or the eye palettes are the best but this palette is among of the best lip palettes that NARS has brought out in quite awhile.

photo courtesy of NARS

No comments: