Sunday, October 24, 2010

Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover

I must confess... I have cheated on my beloved Caudalie Cleansing Water. I have used the Caudalie product for ages and have never even considered trying another makeup remover out. But I received this product in one of the Clinique gifts so I decided to give it a shot and see how it works. I was a bit concerned about trying a new product out since the Caudalie remover is more on the natural side and is great for sensitive skin. However, since this product is from Clinique, I trusted that it would be suitable for sensitive skin and wouldn't irritate my eyes and the skin around them.

The Clinique website states, "Totally tugless, two-way makeup remover speeds the departure of hard-to-remove eye and lip makeups. Dissolves and "lifts away" long-wearing makeup, even waterproof mascara. Non-irritating, non-stinging. Ophthamologist tested. Appropriate for contact lens wearers". This product is suitable for use on both eyes and lips. I have only used it for eye makeup removal and have never tried it for lipstick removal.

Comparing this product to the Caudalie remover, I like both of them and they are both great products but I think that I would use them for different scenerios. The Caudalie product isn't as strong as the Clinique one and I have noticed that it's strongest point is not getting lots of longwearing eye makeup off. The Clinique formula performs much better in this respect. I think that I would rather use the Clinique remover on the days that I use a lot of eye liner or decide to go all out with my eye makeup. I also found that it gets stubborn mascara off very easily. However, I prefer to use the Caudalie formula off over my face and to clean up makeup errors.

In short, these are both great products and I recommend both but at different times. I would use the Clinique one when I go heavy on the eye makeup and mascara. Also, I recommend the Clinique product when using long-wearing products. I would like to test it out with long-wearing lipsticks when I get another bottle of it. The Caudalie one is better all over the face to remove full makeup and when using minimal eye makeup.

photo courtesy of Clinique

No comments: