Monday, October 25, 2010

Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15

As I was talking about several days ago in my column about the MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner, my lips are dry, cracked, and generally wrecked already this season. While searching through my traincare for any hydrating balms or glosses that are also pretty colors, I have stumbled on my ancient tube of Tutti Dolci Apple Torta Lip Gloss. This long-discontinued gloss smells like apple pie, hydrates, and turns my lips a pretty shade of red. And this product hasn't been made since 2005 but I need to find another gloss/balm that is sheer red and very hydrating. MAC doesn't have one yet so I turned my search to the Sephora website. I have been reviewing the Sephora site daily during the Friends and Family Event so I decided to find another item to add to my wishlist.

The Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 was sold out at Sephora for months after it was first introduced last year, for the longest time I couldn't even get my hands on a tester of it. Now that the hype has calmed down, I can order a tube of this to decide how well it fares against the Tutti Dolci gloss. Sephora describes this product as, "A sheer rose-tinted lip moisturizer that hydrates, repairs, and protects lips". The More detailed description follows, "Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 is everything you love about the original Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15, but now you get the added benefit of a natural rose tint that provides buildable color. With one slick, this stick provides immeditate hydration and smoothness - instantly soothing cracked or chapped lips and diminishing the appearance of fine lines. It provides SPF 15 UVA/UVB protection to shield your lips from the damaging effects of the sun and delivers a hint of tint for a natural, universally-flattering look. It's packed in a travel-friendly, screw-top tube".

Oh I love that this product is in a twist up tube instead of the round tip of many other glosses. This feature makes me really biased in it's favor. I do need to see the exact color of the tint though, the Tutti Dolci gloss that I love so much is more a deeper midtone red and I am hoping that this is one is similar and not a lighter shade. I am betting that I will add this to my Sephora Friends and Family cart though...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: