Monday, October 4, 2010

NARS Pure Matte Lipstick

One of the best rated and most popular lipsticks this fall is the NARS Pure Matte Lipstick. Matte lips are the rage for lips, especially in reds and berries. When wearing one of these high maintence lip looks, one must pay attention to the lip products that she chooses to create this look. This formula is both matte and long-wearing while still containging hydrating ingredients to allow the wearer pure comfort all day long.

NARS states, "Bright. Bold. Vividly matte. The innovative, matte lipstick has an intense, stay-true color so lips look lush and vibrant. An exquisitely blended formula strikes a perfect harmony between optimal color, an ultra-matte finish, and hydration. A super-rich, super-pampering, super-sexy lipstick in six sumptuous shades. Pure drama. Glides on effortlessly, without drag or resistance. Defying traditional long-wearing lipsticks, Pure Matte will not dry out lips. Wild Mango Butter's advanced moisturizing properties work to repair lips from dryness and scaling, leaving lips supple and soft".

This lipstick is currently available in six colors...

- Bangkok - soft rose
- Tashkent - nude beige
- Terre de Feu - black cherry
- Tonkin - cinnamon plum
- Vesuvio - full bodied red
- Volga - deep aubergine

I really like the tube shape of this lipstick, I tend to prefer slimmer tubes when applying a richly pigmented lip color becuase I feel that it gives me better control over the application. I have been wearing many shades of reds lately and I want a lipstick that lasts all day and without drying my lips out. When my lips get dry wearing red, I put lip balm on them but then I find that the color smears all over the place. I am hopeful that this blend will put an end to these issues. I want four shades of this lipstick: Bangkok, Tashkent, Terre de Feu, and Vesuvio.

photo courtesy of NARS

No comments: