Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fekkai Advanced Technician Shampoo and Conditioner

I had been retrying many of the haircare products in the Fekkai line ever since he brought out his Advanced line for Sephora. I am not seeing too much of a different between the original line and the technology used in this new line. This time around I have been using the Technician line of shampoo and conditioner that was designed for dry and color treated hair. I had tried this line before at some point and since I only tried samples, I don't really even remember what I thought of it or what it did for my hair. The only thing that I remember is that after trying that sample, I decided to buy the Protein Rx products so I am thinking that it couldn't have been too positive. This time around brought about a much better result.

All of the products in this line use Fekkai's Triple Color Protection Complex. "The Salon Technician Color Care line boosts Fekkai's proven Triple Color Protection Complex with a fusion of nature and science. Galanga Root Extract, a known powerful UV shield works with a quaternized complex that targets damaged hair and seals the cuticle with a conditioning layer for long-lasting, luxuriously beautiful hair color".

Sephora classifies the shampoo as a "hydrating, color-guarding shampoo". The Sephora website goes on to provide the following details on the product. "This highly protective shampoo maintains color integrity, fighting fade, and reawakening that just-colored shine dimension. It gently cleanses with rich, luxurious lather". This product provided a rich, thick lather and rinsed easily. I followed it with the matching conditioner and with the use of both products, it didn't strip or dry out my hair.

The conditioner is classified as a "intensively hydrating, color-guarding conditioner". "Color in, damage out. This silk-inducing conditioner drenches each strand in emollients while helping to lock in color intensity". This is a thicker conditioner and a lovely hydrator. Both of the these products have a nice light fragrance that won't offend anyone or compete with any other products you use.

After I used this this first time, I was told that my red highlights were much more vibrant than they had been before. My hair was quite smooth and sleek and wasn't any harder than usual to blow dry and flat iron. My experience with this line was much better than it had been before. I don't know if it is the fact that my formula has changed or the fact that I wasn't using an old sample. Regardless of the reason, I really like this shampoo and conditioner and am looking forward to using it more to fully get all the use out of the color protectants. I am also planning to get some other items in this line to see how well everything works together.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: