Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bare Escentuals Buxom Chronicles: Four of a Kind

I can barely keep my eyes open this morning so we are going along the path of least resistance to me. So no chemcials in skincare that I need to explain and no stories of tightlining with a new eye liner. So what does this path lead me to? Lip gloss! Ever since using the Bare Escentuals Buxom (which I know that I should have thrown out after two months but I love it so much that I am still trying to coax the last few drops out of), I have become a fan of the Buxom product line from Bare Escentuals. The set that I have recently fallen in love with and am going to Sephora to search for is the Four of a Kind, a set of glosses named after four girls. And immediately, I think of the Sex and the City. Typical...

Sephora states that this set is "A set of four high-shine, plumping lip polishes on a mission". The website goes on further with the following description, "Meet the girls, Katie, Trixie, Dolly, and Violetta - four sexy dynamos who will plump, tint, and drizzle your lips to pout perfection. Each shimmering shade leaves your kisser curvaceous, voluptuous, and drenched in fabulous color, while a tingling sensation reminds you that your lips are looking fuller by the minute. A deep infusion of anti-oxidant Vitamins E and A will keep them soft, smooth, and protected".

The four shades are: Dolly, a muted plum; Katie, a pale pink; Trixie, a shimmering golden rose; and Violetta, a shimmering fuchsia berry. I really like all four of the shades and since they appear to be more on the cool toned side, I bet that all of the shades would work out for me. I think that Trixie might be an early favorite of the glosses but I need to try them all to find out.

Another Friends and Family item to add to my list... This is getting to be quite long!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: