Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Philosophy Unconditional Love

I have always had great luck with Philosophy fragrances so I was very excited to find out that they introduced a new fragrance about a year ago named Unconditional Love. I was ready to order this one right off the Sephora website without even smelling it first. However, it was offered one day as a Sephora Beauty Insider sample so I jumped on the chance to order it. Which is good that I did, since I hated it from the first time that I smelled it.

The Sephora website states, "Experience Philosophy's Unconditional Love, an unforgettable fragrance that is fresh, passionate, and enduring. This heartfelt essence wraps you in warmth and comfort, reminding you that you are surrounded with love - the greatest blessing of all. Never forget that we become our best when we learn to love at your greatest capacity. Treasure the fact that real love stories never end". This fragrance is placed in the category of soft floral.

The notes of this fragrance are not listed on either the Sephora or the Philosophy websites but I have been told that this fragrance is very close to Falling In Love with the berry and the cotton candy notes. However, this fragrance does something funky on my skin and just smells horrible. Honestly, I get a strange lemony note from it that quickly sours and then a bit of the berry comes out. This fragrance reminds moe nothing of Falling In Love.

So this fragrance was a dud for me and I am still unsure as to how this one can be considered a soft floral when I can't see any of the floral notes that are included in it. Oh well, I still love my Amazing Grace and Falling In Love. I guess I can't win them all...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: