Friday, October 29, 2010

MAC A Tartan Tale Holiday Colour Collection

Now for the MAC Holiday collection! I have been so excited since I first heard about this collection, this one was a ntural one for me to love since I love plaid, Scotland, and MAC. I have going back and forth between plotting a huge haul on this collection and a huge Friends and Family haul at Sephora. Considering that I am willing to totally give up a Friends and Family haul at Sephora for this one collection... It must be love. I feel like I should be drinking tea and eating shortbread while I write this up instead of Sierra Mist that is currently next to me.

The collection is divided into a color collection with individial limited edition shades and small giftsets that are great to both give and receive. Today we are looking at the individual products in the color collection since this is where I would begin hauling. The MAC website states, "We're telling a slightly twisted Tartan Tale to celebrate holiday, in all its posh, punk, ancestral, anarchic, noble, and naughty glory. Royal and raunchy, colours and patterns collide, fantasties come true, punk fairies take flight with enchanted new looks. Be transformed!" In love!

Here is the collection...

A Tartan Tale Eye Shadow - Dressed in the playfully tartan pattern finish of the MAC Holiday '10 colour collection, the storybook array of Eye Shadows seems madly clannish and stylishly irresistable. Limited edition.
- Golden Crown - light gold with bronze tartan striping
- A Wish Come True - dirty mauve with bubblegum pink tartan striping
- Follow Your Fantasy - mid-tone peach with chocolate tartan striping
- Enviably Fun - grass green with dark green tartan striping
- Semi-Precious - aubergine with chocolate tartan striping
- Glamora Castle - dark gray with teal tartan striping
Pigment - Pigment is a highly concentrated loose colour powder that contains ingredients to help it adhere to the skin. Create a subtle wash of colour or an intense effect. Does not streak or cake. Easy to blend and long-lasting.
- Later - black with transforming purple pearl
- Moonlight Night - blackened teal with teal pearl
- The Family Crest - blackened bronze with bronze pearl

Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner - An eye pencil that provides rich, luxurious colour with a touch of shimmer and sparkle. Soft, smooth, creamy formula glides on for a perfectly intense line, yet its soft texture allows you to blend. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof.
- Lord It Up - bronze with pearl
- Undercurrant - teal with pearl
- Petrol Blue - deep navy with pearl
- Black Swan - black with pearl

Zoom Fast Black Lash - Deeply dark drama. Same as Zoom Lash, but with carbon black pigment. Saturates lashes with the richest black pigment ever. Creamy, velvety formula builds density and conditions. Feels supple, light, flexible. Ultra-sculpted brush embraces and separates each lash, hugging every curve.

Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made MAC famous.
- The Faerie Glen - pale neutral pink (Lustre)
- Cut a Caper - midtone peach pink
- Full Fuchsia - bright blue fuchsia
- Courting Lilac - sheer lilac mauve with soft gold pearl
- Deepest Wish - deep creamy reddish brown

Dazzleglass Creme - MAC cult favorite Dazzleglass with a creamier, smoother, but no less shiny or dazzling effect. For those who are drawn to the luxe of cream lips, but still want the dazzling allure of its inspiration, this is it.
- Lightly Prancing - light peach with gold pearl
- Soft Dazzle - midtone peach pink with gold pearl
- Gone Romancin' - mistone lavender with multidimensional pearl
- Passing Fancy - bright orange coral with soft pearl
- Radiant Jewels - dark sparkly magenta

Powder Blush - Colour for the cheeks and face. Various formulas. Different looks.
- My Highland Honey - bright coral with soft gold pearl
- Her Blooming Cheek - very bright iridescent blue pink

Nail Lacquer - Revolutionary new high gloss formula. Three long-wearing finishes - Cream, Sheer, and Frosted. Visibly different. Provides no-streak/no-chip finish. Contains conditioners and UV protection. Go hi-lacquer!
- Sly as a Fox - creamy midtone russet/burnt red
- Style Clan - dark taupe with red pearl

Ohhh I am so love right now, I want so much that I can't even begin to make decisions right now! I think that my favorite item is the Lipstick in The Faerie Glen shade, neutral pinks always work well for my skintone. Time to begin making my wish list in order. From the new eye shadows, my favorite shade is the golden shade named Golden Crown. I also like A Wish Come True, Follow Your Fantasy, Enviably Fun, and Semi-Precious. I can skip out on the Pigments, with how dark these shades are, I don't know that I have the skills to work very well with them. Of the Pearlglide eye liners, I want Black Swan the most but also Lord It Up. Now to the lip products, I only want the one Lipstick that I named above. From the Dazzleglass Creme glosses, I love Soft Dazzle and Gone Romancin'. I really like the Her Blooming Cheek Blush. The last item on my shopping list is the Nail Lacquer in Sly as a Fox. I am thinking that these products would make a lovely match to the plaid boots, gloves, and earmuffs that my parents bought me for Christmas.

Tommorrow onto the sets...

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: