Saturday, October 23, 2010

C.O. Bigelow Holiday Mentha Lip Shines

A week or two ago, we looked at the traditional Mentha Lip Shines that are offered by the C.O. Bigelow company. The originals churned out several collections, some that are tinted, some that are organic, and several holiday based collections that change with the seasons of the year. Since we are going into the holidays, we are going to look at the products that have been released lately to celebrate the scents of the holiday season. Personally I have tried all of these and I think that this is one of my favorite collections to date. The Warm Apple Cider Mentha...oh my!

There are four lip glosses in the collection. The first one is called Spiced Latte and is reminiscent of the warm, spicy beverages that come out when the temperatures drop. This flavor lip gloss is described on the Bath and Body Works site as "nutty, creamy, and spicy - with a minty twist". I liked this one but not enough to purchase it, I found it to be kind of subtle and the scent wasn't as strong as I was hoping when I first heard of the flavor.

The second fragrance is the Holiday Shortbread and I found this one to be another light fragranced lip gloss. Of course this one isn't styled after a drink but the dessert that I often crave when I can get myself to any Scottish bakery. This one is "rich and buttery - with a minty twist". I was hoping that this one would be a bit stronger but I found it to be a just a sweet mint fragrance and this is another one that I liked but didn't love enough to buy in the first round of shopping.

The third new lip gloss is my favorite of the group, in fact this one might be one of my top favorite lip gloss flavors that I have ever had. This one is named Warm Apple Cider and I had to pick up two of the flavor so I could have a back up. I love drinking hot spiced cider at the holidays so this one was right up my alley. The description of thie gloss is "aromatic and fruity - with a minty twist". This flavor reminds me of the old Tutti Dolci Apple Torta gloss that I loved and of the Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice drink that I drink in the fall and the winter.

The last new fragrance is named after another holiday dessert, the Butterscotch Pudding. Or the Buttery Nipple shot if you prefer to think of it that way. I love this gloss too, through not as much as the Warm Apple Cider gloss. Bath and Body Works states that this flavor is "sweet and comforting - with a minty twist". I bought this Mentha also, I love this flavor.

This collection is wonderful for the holiday season and these glosses would make great gifts or gifts for yourself. As I have already stated, the Warm Apple Cider is my favorite with the Butterscotch Pudding as a close second. I like the other two flavors and would buy them if I needed items to use a coupon or needed something extra for a purchase.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Warm apple Cider one is awesome. Pat