Friday, October 22, 2010

MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner SPF 15

How did it get cold outside all of a sudden?! After a week long bout of the common cold, my lips were left dry and super chapped, making my love of red lipstick to not be an option until they are healed. So my solutions to this problem have followed the normal procedure; stay hydrated, lip balm applied before bath, and always carrying something in my purse. While I am in the healing phase, I have also been doing my eyes up much more to distract from the chapping.

But I need to speed up this healing phase, I bought Heartless from Venomous Villians and I am dying to break it open. I am now going to find a lip product that is still very healing but is tinted enough that I can wear it all day long and still look pretty. Enter MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner SPF 15.

I first noticed this product in the Hello Kitty collection for Spring 2009. These tubs were long sold out by the time that I actually got to the counter to buy my products (this was before I was a MAC addict that indulged in pre-orders and stalking the MAC website for the new releases as soon as they are posted). The MAC website gives the following description of the product, "A protective, emollient balm formulated with SPF 15, a sheer wash of colour, and an all-natural sheen. Conditions lips, locks in moisture. Contains Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Avocado Extract, Wheat Germ Oil, Vitamins A and E". This product is currently available in four permanent shades.

- Fushcia Fix - deep pink sheen
- Petting Pink - pink sheen
- Plum Perfect - plum/wine sheen
- Soothing Beige - beige sheen

I want the Petting Pink and Soothing Beige shades. I am going to wear Petting Pink with silver and gray eye looks and the Soothing Beige with the gold, copper, khaki, and olive looks that I have been stuck on the past few weeks. I need something that is pretty and glossy while is still hydrating and healing and I am betting that this MAC balm will fit the bill perfectly.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: