Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bare Escentuals Buxom Lip Polish

Somehow I have been skipping over these lip glosses in my makeup box for the longest time, I had at least one or two sitting in my traincase since at least the beginning of summer. So it was like Christmas morning when I as digging around and came across two of these (in their original packages yet!). I have been test-driving both shades and I have decided that these rank up in my short list of favorite lip glosses. This lip gloss has a plumping ingredient in it, reminding me more of MAC Plushglass than DuWop Lip Venom.

Sephora states the following about this product, "A pout-perfecting lip polish. Naturally creates the look of fuller, more voluptuous lips. This mineral-infused polish imparts a luminous high shine with no sticky or tacky feeling. A deep infusion of antioxidant Vitamins A and E helps keep lips soft, smooth, and protected, while the tingly and cooling sensation reminds you that your lips are getting an immediate increase in fullness." In clinical trials: 86% of women experience an immediate increase in lip fullness; 75% of women feel that moisture in their lips has increase; and 96% of women were statisfied with the overall appearance in their lips.

This product is available in a range of shades, from subtle to dramatic, with three finishes: original, tint, and diamond. Here are the shades that you have to choose from...

Original Finish (sheer cream gloss)
- Amber - soft shimmering peach
- Betty - crimson red
- Bianca - shimmering golden orange
- Brandi - shimmering deep rose
- Bunny - innocent pink
- Candi - shimmering soft pink
- Dani - berry pink
- Destiny - peach nectar
- Dolly - shimmering muted plum
- Dominique - clear with iridescent microglitter
- Eva - warm rose
- Gabby - plum shimmer
- Ginger - shimmering copper rose
- Isabella - sunlit copper
- Jessica - copper pink
- Kanani - shimmering vibrant pink
- Katie - pale pink
- Krystal - high shine clear
- Lacey - coral poppy
- Lana - black raspberry
- Princess - shimmering pink pearl
- Sandy - pink nude
- Sugar - rose beige
- Trixie - shimmering golden rose

Tint Finish (cream finish with more pigment)
- Cherry - sheer poppy
- Liberty - sheer red glaze
- Margarita - sheer raspberry
- Melonie - sheer fushcia
Diamond Finish (super sparkly finish)
- April - glimmering icy pink
- Celeste - glimmering soft peach
- Charity - glimmering cherry red
- Clair - moonlit mauve
- Sarina - shimmering toffee
- Starr - raspberry ice

The two shades that I purchased are from the original finish collection. I have Dani, which is the berry pink shade and Betty, which is the crimson red shade. The Dani shade is very easy to wear since it just gives my lips a hint of a berry tint and I have paired this shade with many different eye shadow shades. Crimson works the best when it is paired with a golden eye or a black cat eye. The plumping action on these glosses makes my lips full and plump but not over-powering. Instead of burning, this gloss give a hint of mint tingle and fades after several minutes. The plumping effect lasts about two or three hours, usually until the gloss needs to be reapplied.

The last time that I went to Sephora (after trying these glosses out), I sat and stared at the counter and felt like a little girl in a candy store all over again. I could have grabbed a shopping basket and started filling it up right then and there but I decided to try and have some self control. Maybe hold it down to one or two per visit... Most of the ones that I want are from the original formulation, I don't plan to really mess with lip gloss perfection! My shopping list: Brandi, Bunny, Eva, Lana, Sandi, and Sugar. I want to try out the April shade in the Diamond formula and see how it compares to the Baby Sparks Dazzleglass.

Well now I have yet another lip gloss obsession. Since that was EXACTLY was I needed!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: