Friday, January 7, 2011

Bath and Body Works Shea Cashmere Collection


Hello snowy morning! I hate snow and winter but I must admit that it does look pretty coming down... Anyway, several weeks ago, I wrote about the Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa Lay It On Thick collection and how well it works in the dry winter weather. Bath and Body Works also has another option for those of us with dry, cracked skin who love wonderful smelling products that work as well as they smell. This line is also available in the True Blue Spa collection and is named Shea Cashmere. Both of these lines are top performing body products, the major different between these product lines in the fragrance. The Lay It On Thick has a subtle coconut fragrance while the Shea Cashmere has stronger vanilla caramel fragrance. Personally, I love both fragrances so I have products from both lines. Each line consists of the same basic products, however both lines have certain products that are standouts. All of the products in this collection contain rich African Shea Butter and cashmere extract to hydrate and soothe skin. Let's look at each product in this collection too.

Shea Cashmere Bubble Bath - This luxurious Bubble Bath is creamier and provides a longer lasting, comforting scent for the ultimate pampering and skin nourishing experience than ever before, leaving skin as soft as cashmere.

Shea Cashmere Shower Cream - Shower yourself with liquid cashmere. Infused with cashmere extract and rich shea butter, this skin-caressing shower cream blankets you in a sensual, soothing lather. The ultra-moisturizing formula leaves skin feeling soft as cashmere and lightly fragranced with a creamy vanilla scent that's both fresh and comforting.

Shea Cashmere Body Lotion - Wrap yourself in cashmere. This ultra-moisturizing body lotion is infused with soothing cashmere extract and rich shea butter to leave skin supremely silky. The perfect everyday luxury, it absorbs quickly to nourish head to toe, leaving skin addictively soft and lightly fragranced with a creamy vanilla scent that's both fresh and comforting.

Shea Cashmere Fragrance Mist - Love the scent of Shea Cashmere? Spritz it all over your body and wrap yourself in a warm blend of frothed milk, golden butterscotch, and Tahitian vanilla musk.

Shea Cashmere Body Cream - Envelop yourself in creamy cashmere. Infused with cashmere extract and rich shea butter, this ultra-moisturizing body cream leaves skin supremely soft and lightly fragranced with a creamy vanilla scent that's both fresh and comforting.

Shea Cashmere Hand Cream - Wrap your hands in cashmere. Infused with both cashemre extract and rich shea butter, this ultra-moisturizing hand cream glides on sensually to soothe and nourish. Non-greasy, it absorbs quickly, leaving hands supremely silky and lightly fragranced with a creamy vanilla scent that's both fresh and comforting.

I purchased most of this collection at the beginning of the fall. I started out with the body cream, the hand cream, and the shower cream and then added the fragrance mist on at the very end. When this line first came out, I passed over it as a copy of the Fekkai shea butter body product line, it really looked like Bath and Body Works was just trying to copy on his line. I was converted to this collection when one of the associates suggested that I try a bit of the hand cream and I really enjoyed both the feel of the product and the fragrance.

I loaded up on the body cream, hand cream, and the shower cream. As an afterthought, I sprayed on the fragrance mist and after several minutes, the scent developed into a lovely, unique vanilla that is sophisticated and smells like no other vanilla that I have ever owned. I think the fragrance mist if the gem of the this collection but you can't go wrong with any of it. the shower cream produces a rich lather and doesn't dry out or strip skin, I really recommend it during the winter months. The cream is better for very dry skin and helps to keep it hydrated during the worst of the winter. The lotion is a lighter texture and while I did like it, I found the cream to be much more hydrating. The bubble bath is limited edition just for the holidays (finding it is getting hard but I recommend that you try!) and is more of a soak than a true bubble bath. It provides a slight bit of foam but mostly made the water cloudy and fragranced.

Last but not least, the hand is the best selling product from the collection and if you buy nothing else, I insist you try this one. It works wonders on dry hands and comes in two versions. The traditional version has the same fragrance and feel as the body cream. There is a second version (one that I can never find in stores but is on the website) that also contains silk proteins. It has a slightly lighter texture and more of an almond scent than the vanilla fragrance. This hand cream is also available in select fragrances in the Signature Collection so if you prefer Moonlight Path, Dark Kiss, or something with a different fragrance, you can still find a hand cream to suit you.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

2 comments:

BRENDA said...

I received this line for a Christmas present and I have fallen in love. I travel 80% of the time for my company and my skin dries out so badly. I won't leave home without all my products! And I have already bought more!

queenisabelle29 said...

I'm glad that you like it! It's fantastic isn't it?