Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bath and Body Works Island Escape Collection

Another pile of snow has just been dumped all over us and I speak for many people that I know when I say that I am sick of the winter weather and would love to fit in a vacation somewhere. Personally, I attempting to go one a one-way trip to Antiqua but until that happens, I will just continue to be snowbound. This year, Bath and Body Works decided to release a collection that fits with the mood of all of us right now, Island Escape. If they can't buy me a plane ticket, at least they can provide me with a way to turn my shower into a tropical paradise. Three new, limited-edition fragrances have been released this weekend; Bali Mango, Hawaiian Coconut, and Fiji Passionfruit.

The first new fragrance is named Bali Mango. Bath and Body Works states the following for a description of the fragrance. "Our tropical Bali Mango is an exotic getaway of juicy mango, sugar cane, pink passionflower, and luscious nectarine". I have always liked mango based fragrances so I wasn't shocked that I ended up liking this one. This fragrance is very sweet and the mango and sugar can notes are the strongest.

The next of the fragrances is my favorite, the Hawaiian Coconut. "Our creamy Hawaiian Coconut is an island vacation of fresh coconut water, sunkissed citrus, and ocean musk". This fragrance is very sweet also and I love this fragrance. This is a very yummy coconut fragrance and I find it to be one of the best coconut fragrances that Bath and Body works has come out with in the past few years.

The last of the fragrances is the Fiji Passionfruit, which reminds me a lot of their old Tropical Passionfruit fragrance. "Our juicy Fiji Passionfruit is a tropical escape of passionfruit, mandaring orange, apricot nectar, and lime zest". This fragrance just doens't work well with my skin chemistry, I get a lot of the passionfruit and apricot notes and it smells just generically sweet on me. This is the only one that I will be skipping from this release.

The limited edition line is available in the traditional Body Splash, Shower Gel, and Body Lotion. One new product is available in this collection, which is the Creamy Scrub. "Our signature Creamy Body Scrub is the perfect way to cleanse while also revealing smoother, younger looking skin. Gentle enough to use everyday, our special formula has exfoliating sugar crystals combined with Vitamin E and moisturizing Jojoba Oil to leave skin feeling soft, nourished, and completely pampered". I played with this scrub at the sink for a couple minutes and I love this product so much!

I bought a nice little haul from this collection the other day. I got shower gels and lotions from both the Bali Mango and Hawaiian Coconut fragrances and after much deliberation I decided on the coconut fragrance of the body scrub (over the mango). If possible, I will go back and get more lotions and the mango scrub if I need some other items from Bath and Body Works soon.

Even though I can't get on vacation anytime soon, I am looking forward to a vacation in my shower tonight...

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

1 comment:

Adrianne Gren said...

I'm totally buying all of the Hawaiian Coconut products this week!!