Thursday, January 20, 2011

Urban Decay Naked Palette - Updated Version

Yesterday I got an email from Urban Decay that stated their solution to the issue of the Naked Palette being sold out everywhere. It was stated in the email that the reason that this product is so hard to find is that the company is having a hard time producing the eye liner duo included with the palette. Their solution is to introduce the palette with the Good Karma Eye Shadow Brush (part of the Spring 2011 collection) instead of the eye liner pencil.

My thoughts? If you don't have the palette, this will help you to get one faster than before. However, I love the pencils that are offered with this palette. Zero os the same traditional shade so this one could be bought at anytime. However, Whiskey was introduced with the palette and to my knowledge, this shade is not available by itself yet. In addition, the price of the brush is more than the eye liner duo so the price of the palette has risen. Urban Decay really knows when they have a hit.

For myself, I would consider purchasing the new version only if I was still on a waiting list for the palette. I prefer the version with the liners in it and am SO glad that I have had my palette for months now.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: