Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bliss Eau de Toilette

I feel like the past few fragrances that I have checked out have been the first of their kind from their company. Last time, it was an accessories company branching out into fragrance and this time around it is a skin and body product company moving into this territory. The latest company is Bliss, a line that is known for it's quality body products and famous spas. The first fragrance from this company is based on their spa and the atmosphere created in them. Sephora is the exclusive retailer for this product so I turned to their website for a description of the product and the notes.

Sephora places this fragrance into the floral family. "This 'in-spa-rational' fragrance captures the essence of Bliss spas: the best possible feeling in the world. It's a mood-boosting fragrance with a vibe that's hip, fresh, and modern. This scent is light enough to spray every day for a signature fragrance - but exceptional enough to wear on special occasions. A fabulous French perfumer and longtime Bliss client formulated this beautiful blend with notes of vibrant citrus and dewy greens. Bright florals give way to lasting bergamot, cucumber, lily, ylang ylang, and violet". This fragrance reminded me of "spring in a bottle" the second that I sprayed some on for the first time in Sephora.

The notes of this fragrance are: Bergamot, Dewy Greens, Cucumber, Lily, Ylang Ylang, Violet. Based on the notes and the way that this fragrance developed on me, I actually place it more into the "fresh" category than the "floral". The green notes and the cucumber are the strongest on me and compromise the heart of the fragrance instead of the violet note.

This fragrance is sold in the EDT however I found that the lasting power is more along the lines of a body mist. I really only got about two to three hours until I needed to reapply. For myself, that was the major drawback because I really liked the fragrance otherwise. I think this is a great choice for the warmer weather especially if you are somehow how either doesn't like strong fragrances or has a significant other who is sensitive to fragrance. This is great fragrance for all those who are looking for a lighter, green fragrance to wear during the warm weather months.

photo courtesy of Sephora

1 comment:

J. said...

Great review! I will be getting this after reading this review, so thanks so much :)