Sunday, January 30, 2011

Illamasqua Valentine's Day 2011 Collection - Throb

I really think that this is the first of its kind, Illamasqua has released a special makeup collection just for Valentine's Day. Normally, Valentine's Day is all about body products and fragrances but this niche company from the United Kingdom has decided to create something totally different. And I thank them from the bottom of my heart for that! This line consists of lip products and new shades in their incredible Nail Varnish product. I see red lips in the promotional picture so this will be a collection for me!

Illamasqua describes the collection as following, "Feel your pulse quicken, your heart throbbing in your chest. These are Illamasqua's latest offerings at the altar of beauty, guaranteed to make you gasp with pleasure. Bite... Awaken your mouth's erotic sensuality with the seductive red of Succubus Intense Lip Gloss or enjoy the power of being unashamedly brazen femme fatale with blood red Sangers Lipstick. ...and Scratch. Throb is a passionate red Nail Varnish, the colour of blood spilled by desperate rejected lovers. Load is a rich, cream coating for nails and Scorn's midnight black finish is filled with contempt for the love of convention".

Valentine's Day makeup collection style...

Intense Lip Gloss - Come out of the shadows with high-shine, colour-rich Illamasqua Intense Lip Gloss in a wide range of bold colours. Create lips that look full and glossy, without feeling sticky. Draw attention to your lips and to you.
- Succubus - blood red

Lipstick - Let your lips speak volumes. Indulge in a colour-intense lipstick with a highly pigmented formula, available in a choice of flawless finishes, from matte to glossy. Illamasqua Lipstick glides on smoothly, for the perfect all-night pout
- Sangers - blood red

Nail Varnish - Leave your mark with bold, rich, vibrant colours. Hardwearing and chip resistant with individual finishes from matte to high gloss. Apply two coats for intensity and use with Illamasqua Nail Base Coat and Illamasqua Nail Top Coat for the perfect finish. Talk with your hands and make a statement.
- Load - rich cream
- Scorn - matte black
- Throb - blood red

This may sound a bit odd but I feel like somehow this collection sums up and expresses all my thoughts about Valentine's Day but does it better than my words can say. I love both of the lip colors but I have yet to really work with the Intense Lip Gloss from this company. I have the Sheer Lip Gloss and it has more pigment in than almost any other brand that I have used, so the Intense must pack a lot of pigment. The Lipstick has me written all over it and all three Nail Varnishs do too.

Illamasqua is not a well known brnad but it is one that I have come to support and adore very quickly after my first two product purchases. I really urge everyone to check out their website and look at their counter in the 5th Avenue Sephora (you can't miss it!). Let me sum it up with this statement, I love this brand the way that I love Caudalie, MAC, and Urban Decay...
I can't wait for the spring collection from this company!

photo courtesy of Illamasqua

No comments: