Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin

I have raved many times about how much I love the original Primer Potion for keeping my eye makeup in place throughout the entire day. This product became such a gret seller for this company that they have tweaked the formula to make products that can be used all over the face, lips, and eyes. However, in addition to tweaking the formula to make it work all over the face, Urban Decay has introduced the original Eye Shadow Primer Potion in different shades to suit different complexions and eye makeup preferences.

The version of this product that I have currently been using is the Sin shade. Sin began as a best selling eye shadow shade from this company and became the first shade of the primer. The Sin shade is a shimmering champagne and I have bought both the eye shadow and this primer already. The Sephora website gives the following description about this version of the primer, "A best-selling eye shadow primer potion in a shimmering champagne color. Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion in Sin combines incredible staying power with a shimmering champagne hue that complements almost any eye shadow. This two-in-one beauty miracle can be worn alone to give eyes just a hint of tint for when you're in a hurry or in need of that "no makeup" look. It also makes a great highlighter: apply from lash line to crease and then apply your shadow on the lid only".

This product officialy makes it into my top ten list of most beloved products. I have used in both ways that the Sephora website suggested so I am going to take each usage individually. First as a primer. This one performs exactly as the original Primer Potion however I prefer to use it under neutral and gold based shades, as I feel that it complements those types of shades the most. I think that this version of the primer should ahve been included in the Naked Palette since those are the shades that I have gotten the best result from the pairings. Personally, I think that my favorite usage of this product is by itself. The shade, texture, and finish is everything that I was hoping the MAC Paint Pots would be but weren't. Of course the wear is great but I love the shade also, it is great when I need a little something on my eyes but am either doing a natural look or have a dramatic lip shade on.

I would love if Urban Decay would take this formula and release a line of long-wearing, pigment rich eye shadows. I have to use eye makeup remover to get this product off, water doesn't nothing to make it budge. I would be in heaven if it came in a silver shade or a rich gold. I am waiting to see if Urban Decay ever releases a product that I either don't lie or doesn't perform to my expectations. I am also really excited that the product comes in a huge size so I can always have it around to use.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: