Thursday, January 6, 2011

MAC Peacocky

Peacocky is the second of the new MAC releases of this week and the collection that I have been looking forward to the most out of the two. This collection consists of two products only, both of which are new formulas of eye shadow and lip gloss. Since these are two of my favorite offerings from MAC to begin with, I am really looking forward to testing these products out and checking out the new shades. "We fetishize the exotic peacock as a symbol of extreme beauty, raging against everything simplistic. New Kissable Lipcolour combines full flash with creamy comfort. Mega Metal Shadow gleams like chrome - yet is creamy, crease-resistant, with vitamin-fortified flexibility. Dramatic doesn't begin to describe the girl who knows she's Peacocky".

Here are the new products...

Mega Metal Shadow - A colour-rich, light-reflecting gleam combined with a creamy application that invites blending, layering, shaping, while remaining crease-resistant. A brillant choice for all those seeking the ultimate metallic finish.
- Peek-At-You - frosted yellow white
- Dalliance - light champagne
- Prance - frosted mauve pearl
- Top of the Posh - frosted white pink
- Tweet Me - gold bronze
- Mating Call - dirty frosted violet
- Odalisque - deep teal
- Sexpectations - metallic burgundy
- Paparazz-she - deep copper bronze
- Ego - forest green
- Noir Plum - true purple with silver pearl
- Dandizette - navy with silver pearl
- Spectacle of Yourself - deep bronze
- Centre Stage - frosted chocolate brown
- Unflappable - frosted black with purple pearl

Kissable Lipcolour - Luscious in pay-off and application, Kissable Lipcolour applies with the smooth glide of a lip gloss, then finishes with the creamy pigment-rich look of a Lipstick. New Slimline vial complete with doe-foot applicator.
- Enchantee - light blue pink
- Woo Me - light pinky nude
- So Vain - muted dirty coral
- Vanity Fair- midtone blue pink
- Exxxhibitionist - red toned coral
- Strut Your Stuff - bright true red
- Scandelicious - blue fuchsia
- Peacocky - sky blue with red pearl
- Super - muted neutral brown
- Love Peck - blackened blood red
- Temper Tantra - midtone reddish brown
- Flaunting It - gray mauve

I love these two new products, I am so excited to get my hands on these! Lately, I have only been wearing metallic shades on my eyes, especially from the Urban Decay Naked Palette. I am hoping that many of these shades will mix well with what I already own. My two favorites are Tweet Me and Mating Call, both of which are warmer and I am hoping to use with the Naked Palette. The rest of my shopping list from this type of shadow is: Peek-At-You, Dalliance, Prance, Paparazz-ee, Noir Plum, and Unflappable. My favorite shade of the new lip gloss is Woo Me, which should work with all the dramatic eye shadows that I want from the Mega Metal Shadows. The only other two shades that I want to try are Love Peck and Flaunting It. However, I must see Scandelicious in person to see how blue it really comes out on application.

I hope that these two new formulas aren't just limited edition releases as I can see them being very popular. I do wonder why the Mega Metal wasn't released last fall since dramatic eye makeup was a big trend then and MAC could have jumpted right on the bandwagon. I have been looking for a lip shade that is close in color and finish to Way To Love and even though Woo Me doesn't have any yellow in it, it might be close enough to get me through until MAC re-releases it in a collection.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: