Wednesday, January 26, 2011

MAC Tough Love

MAC has made a collection of lip products and shades that have been chosen by the makeup artists that would appropriate for use on Valentine's Day. From what I am seeing on first glance, this collection appears to be very much like the one that was released at this time last year and contains a collection of current shades and no new products/shades. "Pucker up this Valentine's Day with a collection of tough and tender shades for lips celebrating dark hearts & scintillating secrets certain to bring out all your devious desires". Most of these shade appear to deep or bright pigments lip shades so if this is the type of look that you enjoy, this collection will help to highlight many of MAC's offerings in this area.

The Valentine's Day collection...

Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made MAC famous.
- Girl About Town - fabulous fuchsia (Amplified Creme)
- Rebel - vivid pinkish-purple (Satin)
- Cyber - intense blackish purple (Satin)
- Dubonnet - deepened claret (Amplified Creme)
- Sin - deep dark blue red (Matte)
- Ruby Woo - vivid bluish-red (Matte)

Tinted Lipglass - A unique lip gloss available in a wide variety of colours that can create a high gloss, glass-like finish or a subtle sheen. Designed to be worn on its own, over Lip Pencil or Lipstick, Tinted Lipglass is the perfect product for creating shine that lasts. It's pigmented, very shiny, and can impart subtle or dramatic colour. It contains Jojoba Oil to help soften and condition the lips. Tinted Lipglass is packaged in a convenient bottle with a sponge tip applicator that provides a quick, smooth, even application.
- Shock-o-late - golden brown
- Pop Mode - plum mixed up with bronze shimmer

Lipmix - A highly pigmented opaque cream used to mix and customize lipstick, to create any colour, texture, or look desired for lipcolour. Contains soothing emollients to help condition the lips. Available in a wide range of shades including Frost, Matte, or Gloss textures.
- Black - pure black
- Crimson - deep red
- Burgundy - deep plum

Lip Pencil - A pencil designed for shaping, lining, or filling in the lip. Lip Pencils have a smooth, creamy texture that is perfect for lining the lips or filling them in. They are long-lasting and available in a wide selection of colours that each work well with many different lipstick shades.
- Currant - intense reddish-purple
- Chestnut - intense brown
- Burgundy - brownish-burgundy
- Brick - intense golden red
- Nightmoth - blackened plum

I have never seen the Lipmix product before, making me wonder if it a Pro product only. I am very interested in the Crimson shade, I wonder if it would work as a lip stain or if it can only can the shade the shade of lipsticks that I already own. This is a product that I must get to counter to try out. I don't like any of the Tinted Lipglasses, all of them are too brown for my skintone. I think that many of the Lipsticks might be much too dark for my skintone, my favorite of the bunch is Ruby Woo, a shade that I have been looking at for about a year or two now but just never got around to buying. Dubbonet is the only other shade that I like from these choices. Lip Pencils, I have never gotten into so I won't be picking up any of these.

I think that I liked last year's choices of pinks and lighter reds better...

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: