Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Benefit Bella Bamba Blush

So I just found out that Sephora is no longer carrying my Benefit Thrrrob blush that I have been wearing for about two years now. In fact, I am now wondering if the product is now gone all together since Benefit commands a large amount of real estate at Sephora and all the products that I have seen from that company are available there. So I guess that I will begin to search for a new shade that it close to Thrrrob. But since that shade is not longer available, Benefit has released a brand new shade for this spring. As a refresher, Thrrrob was a pale pink so this new shade is not a direct replacement of that shade. Pink blushes hold a great allure for me so I am still excited about this new release.

The new shade is named Bella Bamba and it is brighter pink shade. Sephora states, "A watermelon-pink blush laced with shimmering gold undertones. This boxed blush, with a mirror tucked inside a magnetic closure flip-top lid, amplifies cheekbones and creates the illusion of sculpted features for a gorgeous 3D effect. Your face will look instantly brighter with just a quick swipe of this ultra-flattering color on the cheeks". This shade is considered to be a watermelon pink and is very bright in the pan. I was actually a bit taken aback by how bright this color appears on first glance.

When this blush is applied, it is much sheerer than it appears. This shade has a golden glimmer in it but it is still flattering on my cool toned skin. As of right now, I have no tan at all so the shade appears a bit brighter on my skin than I am used to my shade appearing. I am placing this shade in the category of shades that would look better once I have used a few rounds of self-tanner. I feel that this will be better on medium to deeper skintones than on a very pale one.

I am lucky that I was able to get on hands on an unused tester in Sephora and a brush to play with. This blush needs to be dusted lightly right onto the cheekbones and not used all over the cheek area. This blush contains an ingredient that gives it a 3D effect when applied to the skin. This will help to create the appearance of cheekbones even if your face is on the rounder side. This is not the contouring that was used by makeup artists in the 1980s though, it is much more natural looking and will just give you the appearance of naturally beautiful cheekbones.

My beloved Thrrrob may not be available to me right now but I am liking this new shade, just for very different reasons. I am very impressed that Benefit has been able to create a pink shade that will work on many different skin tones and on different undertones. I am going to go out on limb and consider this the "Orgasm" of the pink based blush tones.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: