Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Kate Spade Twirl

Accessory powerhouse company Kate Spade has now launched their first fragrance. This fragrance was seen for the first time during the July Nordstrom Event and is know available at all major beauty stores and department stores. My favorite Kate Spade purse is a treasured possession of mine and I make sure to check out the newest collection every season in order to find another treasure. With the release of this perfume, I can broaden my horizons with this company and move them into my fragrance collection. This fragrance is considered to be a floral fragrance, however also reminds me a gourmand with the macaroon note in it.

Sephora provides the following overall description of the fragrance. "'She had a cocktail in hand and confetti in her hair.' Created to evoke a flirty feeling of 'joie de vivre', Twirl by Kate Spade encapsulates the floral fragrance of a garden in bloom, finished with a twist of fresh fruit. It's the perfect cocktail, so to speak - equally at ease at an afternoon lawn party or a night on the town. Infused with a dash of happiness and embodying that final twirl a girl does before she heads out for the day, this fragrance's fruity top notes sparkle with pink watermelon, blackberry, and red currant. Heart notes of fresh flowers take the next dance, including orange blossom, jasmine, and magnolia. The fragrance dries down to a base of luminous musks and a touch of French macaroon - straight from the patisserie, of course. The flacon is round with gold dots, it's like a disco ball in a bottle filled with champagne".

The notes are: Mandarin, Bergamot, Baies Rose, Pink Watermelon, White Peach, Red Currant, Blackberry, Star Jasmine, Magnolia, Orange Blossom, Tiare Flower, Sun-kissed Skin Accord, French Macaroon, Luminous Musk, Amber.

Personally, I found that this fragrance's macaroon note came out the strongest on me and dominated the whole fragrance. On my skin, very little of the fruity top notes came out and the fragrance is more floral and gourmand. I do agree that this fragrance can be worn day or night, it reminds me of Marc Jacobs Daisy in that way, normally I have a fragrance that I wear throughout the work/school day then I have another one that I spray on right before I get ready to go out. I love that this fragrance works equally well either way. After trying this fragrance at Sephora, one spray on my wrist lasted about six hours with the magnolia notes being the strongest overall and the gourmand notes being the strongest toward the end.

The bottle that houses this fragrance is simply lovely and would be great displayed on a bureau or dressing table. I love the beautiful hammered gold cap and the red accents on the bottle. This is one of the best perfume bottles that has come out recently, I love the return to simple, classy perfume bottles instead of bright and in-your-face packaging.

Like I yet another obsession from Kate Spade...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: