Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bath and Body Works Sky, Air, Sun

Bath and Body Works has just began to bring out the beginning of their spring line and I can say that everyone that lives in this area is ready for something bright and pretty, the snow has been piling up for the past month and there seems to be no end in sight to the cold and ice.  The Polar Vortex has been the big trend for this winter and I want to smell something that will remind me that spring does really exist even though I will not be able to wear any type of fragrance like these for at least two or three more months. 

Bath and Body Works has brought out their spring candles, hand soaps, and a line of limited edition fragrances called Sky, Air, Sun.  These are three new fragrances that are bright florals and will be perfect for the very beginning of spring and I first smelled these scents at the very beginning of January when the company previewed the small lotions during their Semi Annual Sale.  Now all three fragrances are out in the store and I am deciding what scents I will be adding to my collection.  Sky, Air, Sun consists of three fragrances: Sky (Violet Lily), Air (Pear Blossom), and Sun (Golden Magnolia).  Pear Blossom was a fragrance that I loved from this company when I was in college and I have nothing left of it, I got so excited when I first saw these names because I hoped that this Pear Blossom was the same as that one.  Sadly it isn't but it is a pretty fragrance all the same.

We will start with the Pear Blossom Air since I have already began talking about the old version of this perfume.  "Pear Blossom Air is an invigorating blend of crisp green pear, fresh gardenia and narcissus leaf, with whispers of crisp mandarin vapor and white musk."  The top notes of this fragrance are: Crisp Mandarin Vapor, Grapefruit, Red Apple, Crisp Greens.  The heart notes are: Crisp Green Pear, Narcissus, Gardenia.  The base notes are: Heliotrope, Cedar wood, Driftwood, White Musk.  This fragrance is more of a light white floral and less of the great pear and floral mix that the first fragrance was, this one is pretty but it is a bit too light for me to wear.  I prefer the Annick Goutal Petite Cherie when I want to wear a pear fragrance in the early spring.  I would consider the body products in this fragrance but I would not wear the Fine Fragrance Mist.

The next fragrance is the Violet Lily Sky, my favorite of the three and one of the most unique fragrances that I have ever smelled from this company.  "A heavenly blend of fresh violet blooms, sparkling bergamot and pink pepper, floating on a cloud of whipped lily petals and sheer sandalwood."  I do not remember ever smelling a combination of violet and lily flowers and I love this combination.  The top notes are:  Pomelo, Pink Pepper, Sparkling Bergamot Juice.  The middle notes are: Honeysuckle, Fresh Violet Blooms, Gardenia Water, Whipped Lily Petals.  The bottom notes of the fragrance are: Sheer Sandalwood, White Amber, Sensual Musks.  I know that I will want the body products in this fragrance but am currently deciding on purchasing the fragrance itself.

The last fragrance is the warmest of the three and would be better later spring or summer, it reminds me very much of the old fragrance Forever Sunshine.  "Golden Magnolia Sun is a luminous blend of pink magnolia, golden apricot and sun kissed peony, blooming with a touch of sensual vanilla and cassis nectar."  This is a mix of magnolia and apricot and I like it but I don't know that I love it, there is just something in it that turns me off when I tried the lotion on for the first time.  The top notes are:  Cassis Nectar, Mandarin, Apricot, Lotus flower, Leaves.  The middle notes are:  Jasmine, Peony, Water Orchid, Sheer Freesia, Pink Magnolia.  The bottom notes are: Caramel, Vanilla, Amber.  I just don't know what I don't like in this fragrance when I put it on, it smells pretty in the bottle but this isn't the fragrance for me.

I love the Violet Lily Sky, this one will be mine in the body products but I don't know that I would use the Fine Fragrance Mist in this scent.  The Golden Magnolia Sun is pretty in the bottle but I will need to skip over it since one or more of these notes just doesn't work when I try to wear it, this one will not be a choice for me.  The Pear Blossom Air is one that I am on the fence about, I don't know that I will be picking it up.  I like the pear note but I don't like how the florals were mixed into it, I doubt that I would buy anything in this fragrance since I certainly don't need any new body products.

The fragrances come in the typical Signature Collection products; Fine Fragrance Mist, Shower Gel, Body Lotion, Triple Moisture Body Cream, Foaming Scrub, and a newer product called the Diamond Shimmer Mist.  The Diamond Shimmer Mist is a product that was just introduced and replaces all the old shimmer products.  I saw the old shimmer products on a Sale table so I would guess that this is the only shimmer product that will be carried by this company.  "Dazzle with Diamonds! Infused with real diamond dust, our luxurious Diamond Shimmer Mist kisses skin with irresistible fragrance and gorgeous sparkle."  I am not shimmer lady so this will not be a product that will be added to my collection...

Spring is a still a very long way away and the prediction for next month is even more snow so I will be picking up some of the Violet Lily Sky products to put away for a few months.  At least spring fragrances get closer each day...

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: